Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    LANGO

Default Walter Frank Aspden.Birkenhead.Dock Labourer.

I would like to find out more about my grandfather and his family.He was Walter Frank Aspden.He married Annie Begnett in Birkenhead in 1915.They had four children.Walter.Frank,and twins Mary Therese and Winifred Alice.(My mum.)

pennydog

Walter can be found on the 1911 census RG14 PN22035 SN244 (crown copyright/care of TNA)

Walter Aspden head b1864 Preston Lancashire a Billiard Marker in a hotel
    Annie wife married 4 years b1876 Heatly Cheshire
    Walter Frank son b1893 Birkenhead Cheshire an apprentice boot maker
    Alfred Henry son b1895 Southport Lancs a ship steward
    Lever (?) Morgan son b1898 Birkenhead Cheshire (the first name is hard to decipher)
    Jessie daughter b1909 Birkenhead Cheshire (the daughter of Annie and Walter snr)

Living at 58 Earl St, Rock Ferry, Birkenhead, Cheshire.

Will look for them in 1901 to try and confirm third son's name and the mother of the 3 boys.

pennydog

1901 census RG13/3396/41/23/ (crown copyright/care of TNA)

Living at 58 Holt Road, Birkenhead

Walter b1865 head - billiard marker
    Barbara M wife b1876 Birkenhead
    Walter F b1893, Alfred H b1895, Lever M b1898 (places of birth as above)
    Eva A age 10 months b1901 Birkenhead

Also with them is a lodger Emma Walson, a 40 year old widow who is a milliner born in Liverpool

pennydog

On the 1891 census RG12/2896/80/6 (crown copyright/care of TNA) FMP has them as 'Aspeden'

Walter b1866 a Billiard marker
    Margaret wife b1863 Liverpool

No children.

There is a marriage of Walter Aspden to Margaret Ellis in Liverpool 1886 (Liverpool June qtr 1886 - 8b 248)

I cannot find a marriage to Barbara M.

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by pennydog View Post
    Walter can be found on the 1911 census RG14 PN22035 SN244 (crown copyright/care of TNA)

Walter Aspden head b1864 Preston Lancashire a Billiard Marker in a hotel
    Annie wife married 4 years b1876 Heatly Cheshire
    Walter Frank son b1893 Birkenhead Cheshire an apprentice boot maker
    Alfred Henry son b1895 Southport Lancs a ship steward
    Lever (?) Morgan son b1898 Birkenhead Cheshire (the first name is hard to decipher)
    Jessie daughter b1909 Birkenhead Cheshire
    From the unusual name of the son, I think Walter senior is the Walter Lever Aspden who married in the Liverpool district in 1907.

Coromandel

This earlier thread answers a lot of questions! (see especially posts #15 and #16).

P.S. oh, sorry, LANGO, now that I've read through to the end of the thread I see you'd already found that one.

LANGO

Dear Pennydog,Thank you for your help.I am confused as well as new to this.There is information previously under" Aspden " I am still not sure if this connected to my Granddad.Walter born 1864/5 was he married to Annie?born 1864.My granddad was Walter Frank Aspden.Who was his mum?His brothers/sisters.Jessie,Lever Morgan,Alfred Henry and Eva A(where did she come from?)Can we come forward a bit to Birkenhead Registry Office when granddad Walter Frank Aspden married Annie Begnett in 1915.Are we still on track?

LANGO

Dear Coromandel,Thank you for your assistance.I did not think the previous thread was connected to my grandad.No one ever spoke of Preston.Can we come forward and make sure it is my granddad Walter Frank Aspden.He married Annie Begnett in 1915 in Birkenhead.

cakemaker

Hello Lango,
    I've just found this thread that you started about your Dad.
    The other Aspden thread is definitely your family too. I agree it is confusing, but Walter Frank's father had a colourful history and several children by different women, so it does take some sorting out, especially if you are new to family history.

LANGO

Dear Cakemaker,I am delighted you are back.In 2009 you said Walter Aspden(my great grandfather,born 1865)was born in Prenton(Birkenhead.)This makes sense,whereas Preston doesn't.Could Preston have been mistaken for Prenton?Or was there another Walter born in Preston,who was also a "Billiard Marker"whatever that is.If I go on the premise that great grandad Walter married Barbara M.and had 4 children.My granddad,Walter Frank was one of these with Alfred Henry born 1895,Lever Morgan born 1898.I can't work out if the other child was Eva A born 1901 or Jessie born 1909.If this is right where does Margaret Ellis Born 1863 in Liverpool,died 1917,and Annie born 1864 come into the picture?Also it is said that he moved in with Barbara Mildred Lacey in 1901.Could this be Barbara M.?Also who did he marry for the 2nd time in 1907.Finally,can you tell me if my grandad Walter Frank fits into the picture.He married Annie Begnett in Birkenhead in 1915.Phew!!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast