Hello fellow people finders, I'm Alan and have been doing family research for at least three years now. I am looking at all the various branches of my and my wife's family. this has become somewhat addictive as many of you will know. There is something quite spiritual standing in a churchyard even if no graves of ancestors can be seen and knowing they 'are' there. At the moment I am working on two families. The Name of Barker originally from Suffolk then Kent with some in Australia and my name of Pitt. Essex, London and Kent.The latter has been plagued by erroneous trees moving my GGG Grandmother to America at a fine old age where the air gave her a new lease of life and she was still having children in her 60's....or so this particular tree would have me believe. Then I find on a not so good Genealogy site I am related to dozens of other Pitt people all who have a claim as being THE William Pitt the youngers grand children several times removed!!! Preferring actual facts I almost gave up and studied Smith instead as it was far easier !!!

Currently my task is to gather all the Pitt families on the 1841 census for Colchester and wonder if they are related to my family who were there about then. Some where amongst it all they seem to have been involved in a Baptist uprising or fall out but I know little about such things. That's where I am now, not really stuck, just buffing up the crystal ball and praying for inspiration or a 200 year old Baptist with a good memory.

Best wishes

Alan