Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nicolina

the IGI has a christening for Inigo RAPLEY on 4th Dec 1825 at Saint Lawrence, Chobham, Surrey.
    Parents John & Phebe

Rappers11

Default Rapley Family Tree

Hi Ron,

Annie Rapley's Grandfather was my 4th Great. Yes I am an original Rapley.

Please see below the relationship to me. Would love to share all I have and obviously add any information you have gained since this posting which was a number of years ago. Anything you have on Annie's life in the USA would be gratefully received.

John Rapley (1788 - 1846) is my 4th great grand uncle

John Rapley (1761 - 1816) father of John Rapley

Ann Rapley (1798 - 1876) daughter of John Rapley

James Rapley (1820 - 1891) son of Ann Rapley

Reuben Rapley (1842 - 1912) son of James Rapley

James Alfred Rapley (1880 - 1942) son of Reuben Rapley

Alfred James Rapley (1907 - 1973) son of James Alfred Rapley

John Albert Rapley (1938 - ) son of Alfred James Rapley

Ian John Rapley son of John Albert Rapley, Me.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello
    I am looking to see where my great gran fits into the Rapley's of Surrey.
    Her name was Lily Annie May Rapley (born 12/1/1896) in the sub-district of Chatham in Surrey to Reuben Rapley and Harriet Elizabeth Rapley (Faman formerly Elson)
    Thanks

Hello Paula, welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
    I don't know whether you noticed the dates on the other messages? If the previous writers are still using the email addresses that they registered with, they should get a message that you have joined the thread.

I've had a look for your Lily in the 1901 census. She was resident In Bagshot with her parents and siblings. Her father is given as Rheuben (I looked at the form, that's how it was spelled in the 1901, Reuben in the 1911, Ruben in a marriage reg), aged 29 an ag lab born Chobham, Surrey. His wife, Harriet, was 39, also born Chobham.

In the 1881, Reuben is with his parents, Joseph (48) & Emma (45), and siblings in Chobham. Both parents also born Chobham.

There seems to have been quite a few Rapley families in Surrey. They could be close relatives or distant cousins... I suggest that you file the other trees mentioned in this thread, and concentrate for a while on tracking yours by means of the other censuses, BMD certificates, etc. When you have a tree you're pleased with, look back and see whether it overlaps with the others.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by paulahunt View Post
    Hello
    I am looking to see where my great gran fits into the Rapley's of Surrey.
    Her name was Lily Annie May Rapley (born 12/1/1896) in the sub-district of Chatham in Surrey to Reuben Rapley and Harriet Elizabeth Rapley (Faman formerly Elson)
    Thanks
    I presume that you're looking at a hand-written document. If so, have another look. Could it possibly say Chobham?
    (Chatham is in Kent, on the Thames estuary. Probably something like forty miles as the crow flies from Chobham.)

Lily's birth was registered in Chertsey registration district, and Chobham is one of the sub-districts.
    https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/chertsey.html

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Pam
    Thank you for your response - yes, it does have Chobham on the document
    Thank you so much for your assistance
    Kind regards
    Paula

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Lesley
    Thank you for the reply. Most helpful to a newbie! - will track the other threads as suggested
    Kind regards
    Paula

I think that at this stage it would be most useful to track your own folk through official documentation such as the census, birth, marriage & death certificates and church registrations, among other things. Be sure that the people on your tree are correct, then compare them to the people on the other trees.

In your position, I would start by working on Joseph & Emma. I see on FreeBMD.org.uk that there was only one couple with those names who married in Surrey - in 1856, registration district Chertsey. That fits rather nicely with birth dates in the 1830s. I also track siblings, it can be very useful when you want to know how two or more families are linked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12