patally

Default Walter James PARSLOE

My husband and I are trying to track down details about my husband's grandfather, WALTER JAMES PARSLOE,
    dob 1865, born in Marylebone, he married Margaret Ann Cornthwaite in 1890 and they had 11 children, 2 of whom died. Ernest Parsloe, my husbands father dob 1909 was the youngest of these children. We have tried every means of trying to find the details of Walter James Parsloe's death.

Any help or direction would be appreciated

Alan and Patricia Parsloe

Richard1955

Hi Patricia
    Welcome to the forum.
    1911 census: RG14PN22399 RG78PN1321 RD455 SD4 ED43 SN342 has Walter James Parsloe with son Edward and others.
    Walter' occupation is Dockyard Labourer Shipping. 18, Oakfield Rd. Anfield. Liverpool.

The National Archives Ref: Card Type CR2. Series BT348. Date range 1921 - 1941 has a W.J. Parsloe. Merchant seaman discharged 7/1927 (Discharge No: 1078680)
    But I can't find a death. Sorry.
    Last edited by Richard1955; 11-09-2011 at 9:14 PM. Reason: Crown Copyright TNA

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1955 View Post
    The National Archives Ref: Card Type CR2. Series BT348. Date range 1921 - 1941 has a W.J. Parsloe. Merchant seaman discharged 7/1927 (Discharge No: 1078680)
    Comparing the discharge numbers on the other records, I think this may be Walter Joseph PARSLOE.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by patally View Post
    My husband and I are trying to track down details about my husband's grandfather, WALTER JAMES PARSLOE,
    dob 1865, born in Marylebone, he married Margaret Ann Cornthwaite in 1890 and they had 11 children, 2 of whom died. Ernest Parsloe, my husbands father dob 1909 was the youngest of these children. We have tried every means of trying to find the details of Walter James Parsloe's death.

Do you have his wife Margarets death cert, this may or may not tell you something, it may say wife of or widow of in which case you would have a time frame to work within.

re Ernest being the youngest..looks like another.
    There is a birth for a George A Parsloe with a mothers surname Cornthwaite brn Sept births 1915 West Derby.

patally

Default MARGARET ANN PARSLOE

We are struggling to find any death records for Margaret Ann Parsloe and Walter James Parsloe.

We know George Parsloe was born in 1915 after my father Ernest Parsloe. We know George Parsloe died in 1958. But we are trying to find living relatives for any of the Parsloe family who occupied the address of 18 Oakfield Road Anfield.

Ultramum

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1955 View Post
    The image for that shows that he signed on at the MMO in Liverpool on 3rd Feb 1925 - he was a steward on a ship that looked like Arnbie (?) but no details of DoB or place of birth ...

OOps! missed Kerrywood's post!

When you quoted above that : Ernest Parsloe,my husbands father dob 1909 was the youngest of these children, I assumed you did not know about George.
    Have you looked at Margaret A Parsloe Deaths March 1960 age 88 Ormskirk Lancs 10f 190

Loves to help with queries

I think the Walter PARSLOE who was a ship's steward was Walter Joseph born 1892/3. You can search the Ellis Island site for free and see several references to his arrivals in New York, occupation 1st class waiter.