Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wentworth

Smile Frederick James Myers

I need help finding Frederick James Myers born c1821 possible Exton Rutland. His brothers and sisters were born there and as he is in the middle I am assuming he s also. Any help would be appreciated

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Wentworth View Post
    His brothers and sisters were born there and as he is in the middle I am assuming he s also.
    Families sometimes do unexpected things: I have found one family who were on the same farm on two consecutive censuses, but in between they must have gone to Canada and then come back, for some of the children had been born there.

Have you found Frederick on any censuses? (If so, please give references as this may help us in the search for more information.) Also, please tell us whatever you can about his parents and siblings: once the Brit-Gen sleuths have got the scent, they'll be off with noses to the ground . . .

Wentworth

No cannot find him on the census. He came out to Australia in 1850 so there is only one census the 1841 but he does not appear on it. I am beginning to think he may be a seaman. Have ordered his marriage cert so that will at least tell me what his occupation was.

Wentworth

He married a Catherine Mary Arnell in 1843 in OAKHAM Rutland. He also has a son William Thomas Myers born about 1837 whom I cannot find also. Had three children with Catherine when the came out to Australia. His father is William Myers and his mother is Sarah ?.

Coromandel

Once the marriage certificate arrives you should have some more information, such as whether either Frederick or Catherine had been married before.

If Frederick was really born about 1821, he would have been very young when William Thomas Myers was born. Could William have been Catherine's son, and just took his stepfather's name later? Have you found any likely candidates for Catherine in the 1841 census? Does William's death certificate give a birthplace?

Wentworth

Yes I have found Catherine on the 1841 with her father and possibly her grandmother and a girl Mary Ann. Mary Ann came out as part of the family.
    William Thomas death cert did not say where he was born. He died in hospital. No relative information.
    And yes Fred must have been young. On William Thomas marriage certs (he married 3 times) he states his father as Frederick. Have not been able to find William Thomas birth.
    I agree that when Fred's marriage cert comes it may answer a few questions. I wonder that as William is probably illegitimate he was perhaps sent away from home.
    Thanks for your help

jmhmem123

My name is Tim Myers searching Myers in South Australia. I can go back to a marriage certificate in South Australia 1861 father Frederick Myers. Williams death certificate by date puts him born 1837. Hospital records in Adelaide do not list vessel of arrival. Does any one have record of this family departing the UK? Pat I would appreciate to see if our two lines are the same.
    Regards
    Tim

Wentworth

Hello Tim
    By chance was trying to find more info on Wlliam Thomas Myers. What I know of William Thomas is that he was born in Tasmania to parents Frederick Myers and Rebecca Wyld. I am sure Fred was a convict not sure about Rebecca but she may have been. William Thomas married three times. The first time to Mary Ann Hodges 22yrs stated he was a seaman. They had a son but he died and so did she. 1860. He then married Bridget Mannix a St Lukes Church and they had quite a few children. Bridget died 1881 after another baby was born. He then married again Cannot find my papers about her. I know he died at the age of 52 years He lived at Thebarton but died elsewhere. I do have more info if this is your line.
    Cheers
    Pat

jmhmem123

Hi Pat
    Good to hear from you. My father started out his research into the Myers family and my line is as follows
    Timothy Myers (Me)
    Dennis James Myers (Father)
    John Aloysius (GF)
    William Thomas Joseph (GGF)
    William Thomas (GGGF) Also married Catherine Wilson 1881 at St Patricks Church Adelaide
    Frederick (Listed on William Thomas Marriage certificate1861 to Bridget Menix-spelling?) No location for Fredrick's death.

The Myers lived at Thebarton for a few generations and at a local Catholic church a stained glass window was dedicated to William Thomas Joseph and Margaret McMahon (Wife).
    I would love to see what other information we can help each other out with. I would love to search more from Frederick going backwards. Are you directly on the Myers line or through marriage at some point?
    Bit new to this so what do we do from hear, I live in Adelaide South Australia.

Wentworth

Hi Tim
    I have been helping a friend with her family tree namely the Myers. She is the granddaughter of Rebecca Myers born to Bridget Mannix and William Thomas Myers. I have spoken to her tonight and she would like to hear from you. I do not know how to send a private message to you from this site so not sure what to do now. Where in South Australia do you live.
    Cheers
    Pat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast