Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    jmhmem123

Hi Janet
    Thanks for that, I will check some birth dates to see if these tie in. From the records for these Myers do they show parents, where born?
    Once again thanks for your help Janet.

Regards
    Tim

janbooth

No, nothing as regards parents or place of birth. Ancestry do hold Immigration records but I haven't managed to find a Frederick MYERS, or variants, with a father Herman. There is one with a father Heinrich though.

Janet

jmhmem123

Hi Janet

What details does it show? I need to renew my subscription to Ancestry and my local genealogy society here in Adelaide.

Regards
    Tim

janbooth

Not many details, Tim. It is a Port of London Certificate of Arrival dated 21 November 1843 in the names of Heinrich Christian & Frederick Wilhelm MEYERS, arrived from Hamburg ...... Neptune?, Profession: Merchant, native of Germany, Remarks: left 2 years, has a Passport each.

Some of the writing is very faint but I think I have the majority of it correct.

Janet

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    Hi Tim,

According to Ancestry's UK Prison Hulk Registers, Frederick MYERS was held on the ship Euryalus, was aged 16, his offence was stealing a silk handkerchief, convicted at Leeds on 9 January 1832, came from York on 25 January 1832, was sentenced to 7 years and was transported on the Camden on 17 September 1832.

There is a record on Ancestry's Criminal Registers for a Frederick MYERS born c1785: MYERS, Frederick, aged 30, Larceny, convicted at The Old Bailey on 11 December 1815 sentenced to 1 years Imprisonment and Whipped. Then another record in the name of Frederick MEYERS, aged 33, Larceny, convicted at the Old Bailey May Session 1818 and sentenced to 7 years Transportation. Can't find a Transportation record for him at the moment, but will keep looking.

Janet
    Hi my ggg grandfather was Frederick Meyers born to Herman and Anna Meyers in Bremmen in Germany, he was sent to Tasmania for steeling Leed, his first wif JUdith with went out to be with him but she drowned, he married Rebbeca Wild (also a convict) and they had 9 children, one being my gg grandfather Thomas. I have quite a bit of info on them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123