Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jmhmem123

My name is Tim Myers searching Myers in South Australia. I can go back to a marriage certificate in South Australia 1861 father Frederick Myers. Williams death certificate by date puts him born 1837. Hospital records in Adelaide do not list vessel of arrival. Does any one have record of this family departing the UK? Pat I would appreciate to see if our two lines are the same.
    Regards
    Tim

Wentworth

Hello Tim
    By chance was trying to find more info on Wlliam Thomas Myers. What I know of William Thomas is that he was born in Tasmania to parents Frederick Myers and Rebecca Wyld. I am sure Fred was a convict not sure about Rebecca but she may have been. William Thomas married three times. The first time to Mary Ann Hodges 22yrs stated he was a seaman. They had a son but he died and so did she. 1860. He then married Bridget Mannix a St Lukes Church and they had quite a few children. Bridget died 1881 after another baby was born. He then married again Cannot find my papers about her. I know he died at the age of 52 years He lived at Thebarton but died elsewhere. I do have more info if this is your line.
    Cheers
    Pat

jmhmem123

Hi Pat
    Good to hear from you. My father started out his research into the Myers family and my line is as follows
    Timothy Myers (Me)
    Dennis James Myers (Father)
    John Aloysius (GF)
    William Thomas Joseph (GGF)
    William Thomas (GGGF) Also married Catherine Wilson 1881 at St Patricks Church Adelaide
    Frederick (Listed on William Thomas Marriage certificate1861 to Bridget Menix-spelling?) No location for Fredrick's death.

The Myers lived at Thebarton for a few generations and at a local Catholic church a stained glass window was dedicated to William Thomas Joseph and Margaret McMahon (Wife).
    I would love to see what other information we can help each other out with. I would love to search more from Frederick going backwards. Are you directly on the Myers line or through marriage at some point?
    Bit new to this so what do we do from hear, I live in Adelaide South Australia.

Wentworth

Hi Tim
    I have been helping a friend with her family tree namely the Myers. She is the granddaughter of Rebecca Myers born to Bridget Mannix and William Thomas Myers. I have spoken to her tonight and she would like to hear from you. I do not know how to send a private message to you from this site so not sure what to do now. Where in South Australia do you live.
    Cheers
    Pat

janbooth

Hi Pat,

Click on Tim's pseudonym, i.e. jmhmem123, and up will come several links including "Private Message". Click on that and you will then be able to send your message to Tim. Good to see that you have found a fellow researcher for your friend. Good luck.

Janet

jmhmem123

Hi Pat
    Following from my earlier email we had the Fredrick Myers migrating to South Australia c1850 on the Trafalager as our desendent but I am confident they are not. But that is not confrimed. What would be interesting is to find Fredrick's father, possibly William had bothers/sisters and wether any mirgatred out to Australia (South Australia) as well.
    If any one else who may have possible infromation on siblings of William father of Fredrick I would be greatful for any details.
    Regards Tim

jmhmem123

Hi Janet

Thanks for the information re Frederick Myers, I have been contact with Pat who belive it or not was helping a relative of mine, not sure how it works but my GGF Daughters Grand Daughter! What is more amazing we only live about 15 minutes form each other in Adelaide!
    From that conversation we have had it looks like we will head over to York UK Forum for infromation on a Frederick Myers, son of Herman Myers both born in Germany. Amazing how this twists and turns.
    Keep up the great work you do!
    Regards
    Tim

janbooth

Good luck with the rest of your research, Tim. Glad to see you have found a fellow researcher.

Janet

jmhmem123

Further to post re Myers in Rutland. We are looking at Frederick Myers, convicetd at York, Leeds Quater Session, departed on the Vessel Camden 21st Sept 1832 arrival date 21st Mat 1833 New South Wales. Shipping record does not state DOB (Possible DOB 1785 VIA marragie/death certficates) , Occupation?
    Does any one have access to the newspapers at the time, did the trial details record other details. A marrage certificate in Aust. records father as Herman Myers. Possibly migrated from Germany to the UK?
    What records to view for migration to the UK from Germany.
    Regards
    Tim

janbooth

Hi Tim,

According to Ancestry's UK Prison Hulk Registers, Frederick MYERS was held on the ship Euryalus, was aged 16, his offence was stealing a silk handkerchief, convicted at Leeds on 9 January 1832, came from York on 25 January 1832, was sentenced to 7 years and was transported on the Camden on 17 September 1832.

There is a record on Ancestry's Criminal Registers for a Frederick MYERS born c1785: MYERS, Frederick, aged 30, Larceny, convicted at The Old Bailey on 11 December 1815 sentenced to 1 years Imprisonment and Whipped. Then another record in the name of Frederick MEYERS, aged 33, Larceny, convicted at the Old Bailey May Session 1818 and sentenced to 7 years Transportation. Can't find a Transportation record for him at the moment, but will keep looking.

Janet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast