Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi teresah,

Sorry no luck in my database. It is likely that your HANDS came in from the country side.

The name has not always been HANDS in my experience. Variants include, HANNES, HANNE, HANNEN and HANNON. You will need to such all these variants. Any changes may not be sudden, perhaps taking several generations to become consistent. Even the same vicar can not be relied on for consistency. Don't just use Baptisms, include Marriages and Burials. Many HANDS families were not badly off, so there is a reasonable chance they left a will, or participated in land transactions - like buying the odd field.

If you need any help, please ask.

Mike

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by rosalind View Post
    Hi Mike,
    I have just discovered a Hannah Hands in my family tree she lived in Aston, Birmingham and married my GG Granfather Henry Martin Pope who was a Watercolour Artist from Birmingham, he has several paintings exhibited in the Birmingham Art Gallery. Her details are Hannah Hands b. 10 May 1840 in Birmingham Father William Hands b.circa 1819 Birm Mother Sarah b. 1818
    and Sisters Eliza b.1842 Pheobe b.1847 Sarah b. 1849 All Birmingham. I wonder if this ties in with any of your Hands?
    Best wishes
    Ros
    I have the family bible of Henry Pope dating back to 1858 bought at auction a few years ago.. if interested call me 07894222301 Terry Linden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12