Brick wall demolition expert!

Default Relative in New Zealand

In the recent months I discovered a second cousin of mine went to NZ, now I can find him and his wife online electoral roles up till 1981, that is the latest that are online, at that time he was in Auckland, I also discovered thier names on a list put out by the Govt Internal revenue for unclaimed monies, this list was put online 2010 but it was names of people who had money unclaimed for 6+ yrs. He was naturalised in 1977 and the 1981 census lists them as a social worker and a teacher.I can't put names as they are hopefully still living.
    I wrote to a newspaper in Auckland asking the best way to advertise but they haven't replied. Anybody here have any ideas how to proceed? Are there any New Zealanders here? They would be around 72 yrs old now.
    Just did a search for teachers NZ and found a registration page her teaching cert was due for renewal 2008 cant see that she renewed it but sure she would have retired by then as she would have been 69, not sure how often they need to renew
    Thanks

Procat

Hi Valg,

Have you tried the NZ white pages?

https://
    yellow.co.nz/whitepages/

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    Hi Valg,

Have you tried the NZ white pages?

https://
    yellow.co.nz/whitepages/
    Hi Procat yes tried that no luck but they may have an unlisted number or could be living with kids and not have phone in their name, not sure if they had children though. If any member in NZ can help I will give names and details if they pm me.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

If you have a contact in New Zealand you could get him/her to physically look up the 2014 Electoral roll which is available to view at Public Libraries

Thank you for your interest, I only contacted the person concerned last week only to find after searching for 3 years it was the wrong person...back to the drawing board