Thread: newbie

haveabet

Default newbie

newbie here, been researching about my family tree about 6 months now, so be gentle with me, names tim and will try to help if i can, also whren im looking at my family tree i go off on a tangent and end up looking at a father / mother in law of a cousin x3 lol, am i the only one to do this?.
    please ask me if you wish to know anything, i might be able to help in a novice way

haveabet

Thank you Bo Peep, only found the site this morning and have been looking through somew of the forums, everyone seems helpful and hopefully i can be of some ( if somewhat limited ) use as well

Richard1955

Hi Tim and welcome.
    We all have the same things in common, not just genealogy but also the same mistakes.
    Don't worry about it and just enjoy what you are doing and the people you are doing it with.

Good luck
    Richard

LittleSpark

Hi Tim - welcome to BG, a great forum!
    I'm the same - always veering off course and checking the little 'sprigs' on my tree but I do so like to find everything out that I can.
    We're all newbies at one time so don't worry, you'll soon be caught up in the addiction like we all are.
    Wait till you're hooked on looking round graveyards!

Sheila

Hello welcome to B G forums good luck. Yes we all seem to go off at a tangent - so don't worry
    pejay

haveabet

Thank you all for the warm welcome to the forum.
    littlespark, im already thinking about visiting stratfield turgis cemetery lol, my 2nd great granduncle was the reverend there, i have written an email to stratfield turgis but never recieved a reply.

Colin Rowledge

Hi Tim - a bit late in the welcome - but graveyards are of interest to me> I've seen in my travels in both Canada and the US some fascinating inscriptions. None of 'em related to my family, but I photo'd 'em and they make for an interesting review of by-gone days.

England/Ireland and Wales are beyond my budget, but as you travel maybe you'll button-hole one for me!!!

Enjoy the site