Thread: PALMER - Cork

amanda77

Default PALMER - Cork

Looking for any information for the following family

Mary Ann Moore born 1850/51 Cork.
    Mothers name was Ellen, no idea of maiden name.

mary married in Liverpool in 1870.

Can anyone help with any further information?

many thanks
    Amanda

Wirral

Smile

Do you have Mary's marriage certificate? That will give her father & his occupation. Who did she marry? LancashireBMD lists the marriage of a Maria in 1870, but not a Mary Ann (although it may not be a complete record yet for Liverpool)
    Di you have the family on any of the censues?
    Also, what is the Palmer connection?

Loves to help with queries

Hi Amanda
    Do you know Mary Anne Moore's religion - as this is important in helping to determine what Irish records may be available? Also is that Cork City or County Cork?

Jill

amanda77

Quote Originally Posted by Wirral
    Do you have Mary's marriage certificate? That will give her father & his occupation. Who did she marry? LancashireBMD lists the marriage of a Maria in 1870, but not a Mary Ann (although it may not be a complete record yet for Liverpool)
    Di you have the family on any of the censues?
    Also, what is the Palmer connection?
    Sorry, wasn't very clear.
    Palmer was Mary Ann's maiden name.
    I have Mary on 1871 census married to James MOORE. Her occupation was given as semastress. I assume they were very recently married as they didn't have any children at this point.
    I haven't managed to find james & mary's marriage cert as yet. The other thing is that Mary died before 1901 census and after 1881 census. I haven't found her death record yet either. I have checked freebmd and lancsbmd.
    On 1881 census is where i have Ellen in Liverpool with the family. She is satted as born around 1831, Ireland. There is also a William Palmer born 1858. Liverpool stated as lodger which i am wondering if he is perhaps mary's brother!

I also assume Mary to be Catholic as that side of my fmily were catholic as far as i know!.

Any help appreciated,
    Many thanks
    amanda