coenmfam

Default Cosnett family in Pershore

Hi
    I am after some info regarding a Cosnett family in Pershore
    they are
    Father : Herbert Cosnett
    Mother : Margaret Cosnett nee Dolphin
    married I believe in 1890
    Children (not in order ) Helen ( B1891 ? ), Edith ( B 1896 ? ), Susan ( B 1898 ), Nora ( B 1903 ), Robert, Herbert, William and 1 other unnamed

I have been online searching the IGI and FreeBMD and I think I have some dates

What I am really after is the parents of Herbert Cosnett, I suspect a John & Susan Cosnett but no firm evidence
    IGI lists them as having another Herbert Cosnett in 1868 but no proof that this Herbert is the man who married Margeret Dolphin

I am also interested if anyone else is tracing this line

At least 3 of the family ( Helen, Susan & Nora, possibly Herbert ) moved to new Zealand, and Susan Cossnet B 1898 is my Maternal Grandmother

regards
    Neville

Super Moderator

Have you accesss to the census records?

Herbert Cosnett (transcribed as Cornett) is living with Margarent's parents in Pershore in 1891. In 1881 and 1871 he is living with his parents, John and Susan. (1871 also transcribed as Cornett). Let us know if you do not have access to census returns and we will list the children of John and Susan.

coenmfam

Hi Sue

I have only access to whatever free online search engines I can find, and I am on GR
    so most of what I do is on the LDS and FreeCen / FreeBMD sites etc
    not an ideal situation I agree which is why I ask here
    and hopefully to link up with others researching the Cosnetts
    so any info you can add or correct is much appreciated

Nev

David Annis

Hi Nev.
    I live in Pershore and can help you. Firstly, the Cosnetts are alive and well and living in Pershore to this day. Its an old Pershore name and I have one or two Cosnetts and Dolphins entwined in my family tree. I can also ask one of them, who is an old friend.
    If you wish to make contact with her and her, with you, likewise, I will contact her on your behalf.
    I have the means to find out what ever you wish to know and will be happy to look things up for you.
    I have only just logged in so through the day I will have a good nose around for you. Give me a call with a private message if you like.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Carole40

Hi Neville,

I don't have your Herbert in my tree, but I have lots of Cosnett's. My interest is through Marriages into the Twigg Family in Pershore. If I can be of help, let me know.

Regards Carole.

coenmfam

to Carole and David

Thanks very much for your help offers, at this stage I want to establish who and when and where, as I said my Grandmother is Susan Cosnet born 1898 in Pershore. I have names of her immediate family and possible dates of birth and some possible connections further back so firstly I want to build the skeleton of this family tree. So any help is much appreciated.

quite honestly I am very pleasantly surprised with the progress so far as I have only been chasing the Cosnetts since Saturday
    I have been concentrating on other lines - mostly my Paternal Grandfather - for years

again many thanks
    Neville

David Annis

Well there was a Susan Cosnett born 1898. Pershore. I cannot find a trace of her in 1901 or 1911.
    Herbert disappears as well in 1901 but pops back up in 1911 with his family.
    Margaret Alice. Wife b 1867.
    Herbert. son b 1894.
    Edith Mary. daughter. b 1897.
    William. son. b 1902
    Norah Annie. daughter. b1904
    Robert. son b 1907.
    I have tried to find a Susan Cosnett b1898, Worcestershire and not one as come up. Checked the deaths just in case and nothing there.
    Anyone else like to throw a light on this.
    The Cosnetts were market gardeners as I have always known them to be untill a few years bacK.
    I wonder if Herbert slipped off to the Boer War, like my grandfather did, between the late 1800s and early 1900s.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by David Annis View Post
    I have tried to find a Susan Cosnett b1898, Worcestershire and not one as come up. . . . Anyone else like to throw a light on this.
    From the 1911 census index I can see that there's someone transcribed as Susan Coanett (aged 12, born Pershore) in the Oldham district of Lancashire. I can't check the full details at the moment to see who she's with.

P.S. Dave, if you can find her, don't forget to add the reference number (RG 14 etc.)

David Annis

Coromandel you never cease to amaze me. That is a mistranscription of Susan Cosnett and an Albert Cosnett. Living with the Coombe's family from Pershore. The Coombe's being another old Pershore family. They are working in the cotton mills and Albert is a mule puller, picker or something like that.
    Albert is described as a son and Susan is a neice. So now to sort out who belongs to who.
    Cheers Dave

Name well known on Brit-Gen

What is the 1911 census reference please?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast