Janie Wooder

Default BAPTISTS in BRADFORD, WILTS

I'm having difficulty finding where the Baptists, Bradford, Wilts records are held. I've looked at all the Bradford (Wilts) churches catalogued on the LDS site, and they are not in there. I understand the Bradford Baptists' records for the latter part of the 18th century exist, but I don't know where.
    Hope someone can help please.
    Janie

Reputation beyond repute

I'm not clear what period you're asking about. For records up to about 1837, records are mostly at the National Archives and can be searched online at the bmdregisters website. Most post-1837 registers are lodged with the appropriate county record office (Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre, presumably) or may not have been deposited.

On the whole it's best stick to civil registration post-1837.

Brick wall demolition expert!

The Baptist Curch is still there and has its own website. Maybe you can contact them.

https://www.oldbaptistchapel.org/

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Janie Wooder View Post
    I'm having difficulty finding where the Baptists, Bradford, Wilts records are held.
    See Raffaele's reply above.

As mentioned earlier in your other thread, a register of births 1776-1836 has been retained by the Baptist chapel. Have you tried contacting them?

Janie Wooder

Thank you 'Kerrywood'. You are 'spot on'.
    Sorry I was in error in having assumed the Bradford Baptists and the Independents were the same as they located back and forth across Bradford - quite a saga - so your earlier good advice I didn't pick up.
    Now after having found an ancestor seriously Baptist, I looked more closely and discovered the Baptists were actually neighbours of the Independents on Morgans Hill. So that was a turning point.
    I'm trying to contact them.
    Thanks again.