beachbaby

Default Outram Haslam Divorce

Anyone know how I could find out where the info is for a divorce? Richard Outram and Sarah Haslam married (as you folks helped me with) and now with a newly discovred Outram relative I have been told that they actually obtained a divorce sometime before 1888 (they married in 1884, St Thomas Church in Manchester). Does the parish keep such records? Thanks!

Teri

Nicolina

FMP has Divorces from 1858 to 1903 but I cannot find either Richard or Sarah

Mutley

Bit more information about Sarah and Richard on this thread,
    might save a bit of 'hunting we will go' regarding the couple but not regarding a divorce.

I cannot find any evidence of a divorce either but as Richard was a 'bit of a lad' ........................

Reputation beyond repute

I have been told that they actually obtained a divorce
    I would ask the person who told you what evidence they have!

beachbaby

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    I would ask the person who told you what evidence they have!
    Hi and thanks! Besides going into more detail (I will be doing that on General Chatter where it should be put) I got this "info" from a very recently found granddaughter of Richard's that the divorce took place. I gather from what she is saying (to reiterate my mother's opinion that he was a "bit of a bas***d") the couple had quite a few fights and Sarah beat the **** out of him, then they divorced. Now whether they divorced or they "divorced" is in question - after all Richard hightailed it out of England and came here to Boston under a cloud since he assumed he had killed a man at the foundry in Manchester that he worked at. Frankly I think he just left her and there most probably was either no divorce or she obtained one after a time. Who knows - it was worth trying and you guys have been so helpful in the past.

You're wonderful!

Teri