Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    wozcav

Default Francis MARRIN b.1838 BELFAST NI.

Francis b. as given, emigrates to Australia 14 SEP 1865 marries and raises Family. Rumour has it he fought in the Crimean, might some kind soul trawl for his name regarding please? We have no facts other than his Birth then that sailing. Grateful!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Could he be the Francis Marrin who married Mary Gould in 1869 & had dtrs Ann in 1870 Mother MAry Gould at Brisbane River, & Mary Mother Mary ? in 1873
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    Could he be the Francis Marrin who married Mary Gould in 1869 & had dtrs Ann in 1870 Mother MAry Gould at Brisbane River, & Mary Mother Mary ? in 1873
    Here's the marriage announcement for that couple, from the Sydney Morning Herald, 14 July 1869:

'MARRIN-GOULD - May 25th, by special license, by the Rev. Dr. Bailey, of the Free Church of England, Captain Francis Marrin, master mariner, of the Star of the East, to Mary, daughter of Phillip Gould, Esq., Mangrove Creek, the Hawkesbury River, both of Bathurst-street. No cards.'

An earlier edition of the paper has a slightly different version of the announcement.

Is this the same man, coming to a sticky end, or is there another Captain Francis Marrin?:

The Northern Territory Times & Gazette of 7 July 1888 reports the disappearance of a Captain Francis Marrin, of the cutter Spey, the previous month. He was presumed to have been murdered.

Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Coromandel

From this posting on Tribal Pages, it appears that the Belfast-born Francis Marrin and the Francis Marrin who married Mary Gould are one and the same:

https://
    tribalpages.com/tribe/forum?f=2&v=1&mid=66620&rid=66620

wozcav

Appreciated all, will check that ref. on Archives. The 'Master Marine'r leads to suspect he was Navy rather than Army so, if I gave a wrong steer apologies here! He did mary Mary Gould and my OZ cousin is of that line, she being the one I'm trying to assist. I'll pass on your hints/refs. and try to follow up in any case? Big thanks to you all from us!

wozcav

Coromandel: Hoping your search is good writing for my Cousin, we appreciate same thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wozcav View Post
    The 'Master Marine'r leads to suspect he was Navy rather than Army
    If he was a Master Mariner, he may have been in the merchant service rather than the Navy.

You may want to look at this research signpost.

Please say if you would like this thread moved to the Mariners forum.

wozcav

Default Francis MARRINER b.1838 BELFAST NI

Kerrywood: Thanks your advice and time, will investigate and meantime a transfer would be appreciated as every avenue is valuable in search here!
    Last edited by wozcav; 26-06-2011 at 3:42 PM. Reason: typography error

Moved as requested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast