Nannas

Default Microsoft Security Warning/Microsoft Protect

Hiya,
    If you ever click on a site and while it is trying to load a popup errupts,,starts scanning then begins listing the most horrible Trojan viruses by the hundreds and then asks if you want to DELETE the Trojans....DO NOT CLICK YES!!!

It is not a Microsoft Security Warning,,,,it is a virus/trojan,,,,wanting you to click YES and give it access to your computer.
    After which it will tell you the Trojans are so BAD you need to purchase the full product to delete the trojans.
    So, they not only get access to your computer but your CC details as well.

Clicking NO, won't make it go away.
    It just keeps reloading waiting for you to click YES.

Hit and hold Ctrl, Alt, delete (for a few seconds and release)
    When the Task Manager appears click END PROGRAM and it should remove it.
    RUN your antivirus,,,,Update your antivirus AFTER the first scan, if you have to, then run your antivirus again.

IF you click yes,,,,everything is fine until you shutdown and reboot,,,then all you get is a heap of screens reloading and popping up and going crazy.
    Most think it is one of the trojans not been deleted but it is actually the "Warning" you clicked yes to.

Nannas

Nannas

Thinking the warning might be "Windows Security" also.
    Either way DO NOT click yes....
    Ctrl, Alt, delete.

Nannas

Richard1955

Hi Nannas
    Do you know which website it was that you clicked to get the popup virus ?

Nannas

Hi Richard,,,
    Is it a phishing program,,,,can popup on any unprotected site.
    The site has no idea,,,,,
    Last site I clicked on was a link in here......didn't record the link and it is deleted now.

I kow it is Windows Protect or Microsroft Protect,,,,,,as I have dealt with it before,,,,,
    ALWAYS comes up as a security warning...and mentions a few trojans....(to scare your butt off)

Nannas

Nannas

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1955 View Post
    Hi Nannas
    Do you know which website it was that you clicked to get the popup virus ?
    I have dealt with this b4,,,
    It is a comon threat....
    Make ppl think they have a trojan/virus.......and get the download fix...(which is actually the virus)
    Comon enough....

Nannas

Richard1955

Yes I know. Very common.
    The program-virus you have downloaded has probably come from within another website.
    If the website can be identified then the threat can be removed and the AV companies notified.
    This is why some AV companies test and mark websites as safe so that we know which sites not to use.