Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Hayward's

Loves to help with queries

Awesome, thank you all so very much!! Adding this info and see where it brings me. Have a great day!

One quick question, is there a location where I can access Obituaries from 1984 in the Forest of Dean area? Sorry to ask, but I'm from New Jersey, USA and not to familiar with that area.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Thomas E Hayward married Esther Lane March 1/4 1925 reg dist Westbury S vol 6a page 373

I looked for a birth of an Eric Hayward mmn Lane but coudn't find one but of course if she was married previously she would have been registered at her second marriage under her married name but the birth of any children to the second marriage would be under her maiden name.

September 1/4 1928 Eric Hayward mmn Hinkley reg dist St martin (London) This would fit with his birth date on the 1939 register but the mmn is wrong and the birth place different to their usual residences.

Christina
    Just to tidy some loose ends the above Eric Hayward mmn Hinckley is not 'your' Eric Hayward because according to some trees on ancestry his birth date is 13 September 1928 and he is in Kent in the 1939 register although not with his parents Jessie nee Hinckley and Herbert Hayward.
    The Forest of Dean Family History Trust may be abe to help with which newspapers carry the obituary you are looking for. https://forest-of-dean.net/joomla/ I couldn't find a library online for you to contact re which newspapers they hold but the FODFHT may be abe to help.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thank you. I'm getting confused. So the Eric in the 1939 census is NOT my Eric? Wondering why he with Sarah.
    So that means Thomas E. & Ester didn't have any kids...or at least I can't find any.

#5:
    Sarah A. Hayward, March 28, 1868 - Widowed - Domestic
    Eric Hayward, July 25, 1928 - Single - At School

#3:
    Thomas E. Hayward, June 1, 1894 - Married -
    Ester Hayward, May 29, 1900 - Married -

Hi
    There is a Thomas E Hayward birth date 1 June 1897 on the 1939 register Occupation Previously Colliery haulier Now Newsagent. He is with Esther Hayward birth date 29 May 1900. They are at 8 Forest Rd East Dean and at no 5 is a Sarah A Hayward birth date 28 Feb 1868. Widow. With her is a Eric Hayward birth date 26 July 1928 at school.
    September 1/4 1928 Eric Hayward mmn Hinkley reg dist St Martin (London) This would fit with his birth date on the 1939 register but the mmn is wrong and the birth place different to their usual residences

Just to tidy some loose ends the above Eric Hayward mmn Hinckley is not 'your' Eric Hayward because according to some trees on ancestry his birth date is 13 September 1928 and he is in Kent in the 1939 register although not with his parents Jessie nee Hinckley and Herbert Hayward.
    What I meant is that he is not the Eric Hayward with Sarah in the 1939 register as the birth date is different. Like you I also think that Thomas and Esther don't appear to have had any children.
    There are two births of an Eric Hayward in the September 1/4 1928 the above with mmn Hinkley the other an Eric H W Hayward Sept 1/4 reg dist Hammersmith mmn York. A marriage of Ernest W Hayward and a Mabel York was registered June 1/4 1927 Hammersmith.

Now does Eric H W Haywards father Ernest W fit in to Sarah's family?

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

I can't seem to connect Eric to any of my Hayward's but will keep trying. I did find

Eric Hayward, July 1928 with a Betty (Bromage) in 1953, 1954 & 1958 at 5 Forest Road and Thomas and Ester there as well...coincidence?

Than found Eric w/ Betty & Angela S. in 1974 on #35 Tewksbury Road

Note: I came across a family tree with an Eric Hayward

Eric Hayward, born Sept 1928
    Father: Herbert Hayward, 1881-1933
    Mother: Jessie Hinkley, 1894-1950

But can't find a connection to my family either.

Guess I'm hitting a dead end. Will have to re-look at my tree again. Just hoping to find a living relative somehow.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011