Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayward's

Loves to help with queries

Thanks...my husband and sons are so excited...hoping to find living Hayward's as they lost contact with them after their dad/granddad's death. Thanks to all of you I am finding a lot!

Just o be sure since I'm not familiar with England. I have William Hayward born 1832 as brickmaker in 1861 on High Street in Arlingham with wife Mary and family. Than in 1871 I have them on what looks like New ?? in Arlingham and than in 1891 on High Street (though it now says fisherman). This area looks all like a farm area...does anyone know if I am correct. If this is correct that I found an entire bunch of Hayward's as if I flip thru the pages I find tons of them all living next door to each other through out the 30 years (I also made noted of other families on the street and they too are still there in 1891...so I guess this is all the same area). Any help would be great. If this is right...I have a ton of notes to take and families to search!!!

How do I find births in 1832 in Arlingham? Ordered the marriage certificate but was hoping I could order/find a birth certificate for William Hayward born 1832...any suggestions???

Richard1955

Hi Alba
    I'm off to bed now but I'll have a look tomorrow.
    1851 census HO107 1963/159/8 sas William as Fishman and father Charles as Brick maker.
    Birth certificates start 1837.

Oh god lord...I guess that's why I can't find his dad anywhere..though I think I found his grandfather; Samuel. I should have the marriage certificate on Friday so I should know for sure than! Thanks all. This is a great site it really has helped a lot!

Just got a refund from GRO saying they can't find the marriage certificate of William Hayward and Mary "Weston" or "Heston". They only looked between 1851 and 1853...I asked them to look again in 1850 and 1849 which would make William 18...any other ideas of where to look for this certificate?

Coromandel

Hi Alby65

FreeBMD finds a possible marriage in the Gloucester district in the last quarter of 1856 (vol. 6a, p.454). There are just three people on the list:

William Greenway, William Hayward and Mary Weston

There should be equal numbers of men and women on the list. Perhaps a woman has been missed out or her vol./page numbers garbled so that FreeBMD can't find the match. Another possibility is that William Greenway and William Hayward are the same person, indexed twice.

P.S. I haven't seen the 1861 census so don't know whether this fits. From your post #31 I'm guessing that you were expecting an earlier marriage. Do the wife's age/birthplace in 1861 match those in 1871? If not, perhaps William was married more than once? Or if the wife appears to be the same person on both censuses, but there are children born before that potential marriage in 1856, perhaps the older children were born out of wedlock?

Coromandel - Great...thanks. I will try and verify this information. I just assumed they would be married earlier though later is ok...first children isn't born til 1859. I hope he wasn't married twice.. that makes it even harder. As for Mary's age in 1871 and 1891 she is consistent with being born in 1835 and in 1861 her birth comes out to 1836 so not too far off.

Notanotherminer - GRO searched those years I guess it was my bad thinking they married earlier rather than later. I will have them look again. I will look into the photobucket thing (never heard of that) I only have the scanned copy (husband is bring me the one he got in the mail later today...I'm on vaca).

Dumb question, what site is the best to search the information you have both found?

Again, thanks. Wuld never gotten t his far without all of your help!!

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by notanotherminer View Post
    I can't find a marriage in any year for a William Hayward who married a Mary *eston. Curiously though I did find a possible marriage of a William Hayward to a Julia Weston:

Hayward William Dec qtr 1856 Gloucester vol 6a page 454
    Also listed on the page is Julia Weston.
    I've just checked the scan of the GRO index, notanotherminer: both Julia Weston and Mary Weston appear on the same index page and with the same reference (Gloucester, 6a, 454). Strange that FreeBMD only has Mary and whichever source you used only has Julia!

P.S. snap, Graham! We must both have been studying the scans at the same time.

You guys are quick. Just signing up on photobucket now. Will than look at FREEBMD!!!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast