Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks SO much for response! I am extremely intrigued here & eager to learn more about my family history. Now I am not even sure if my mothers actual family name was Joseph/Josephs/Spencer/Didcott/Morice or Darrell hahahaha! Her UK birth certificate lists her as Morice Darrell but her elder sister who is Diamond's 'lady' has a SA birth certificate (I have a copy) which lists her surname as just Darrell. I look forward to any further information.

I have found this thread fascinating and thought I would add a little to it.

"Two of Didcott's daughters went on the stage, and both were very clever. The serious actress, or heroine-playing daughter, stage-named Violet Raye, married that admirable actor and light comedian Harry Nye Chart, son of the famous Mrs. Chart, of the Theatre Royal, Brighton." (From post #38)

From the IGI website - Massachusetts, Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records, 1626-2001
    The marriage of Violet L Morice, daughter of Hubert J & Emily M to Henry J Chart on 3 April 1892

This family can be found back in England in the 1901 & 1911 census entries.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Any additional information will be great thank you as I am trying to figure all of this out and piece together information.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567