chopendoz

Default Calthorpe POTTER - Middlesbrough

I am trying to find out about one Calthorpe POTTER who was a police constable in the Middlesbrough area at the turn of the century. He appears on the 1901 Census as living at Bradfield - which I hope is close to Middlesbrough, not the one in Berkshire. Can anyone please point me in the right direction regarding information about this policeman?

josie7644

Quote Originally Posted by chopendoz View Post
    I am trying to find out about one Calthorpe POTTER who was a police constable in the Middlesbrough area at the turn of the century. He appears on the 1901 Census as living at Bradfield - which I hope is close to Middlesbrough, not the one in Berkshire. Can anyone please point me in the right direction regarding information about this policeman?
    Hello,

There is a Calthorpe Potter in Yorkshire in 1911. Just Google 1911 census and enter his name in the search box. If you want to view the return, you will have to purchase some credits.

Sorry, I can't give you any details on here, because of copyright laws!

(Bradfield is in Sheffield, btw.)

Hope this helps,

Josie
    Last edited by josie7644; 19-05-2011 at 1:17 PM. Reason: more info

Baldy67

Default Calthorpe Potter

Hi josie7644,
    Calthorpe Potter:
    Baptised 10/01/1870 in Middlesbrough, Cleveland, England.
    Married Mary Jane Forrest 1889 in Darlington, County Durham, England.
    Had children Cicely Potter 1892, Louisa Potter 1893, Florence Edith Potter 1894, William Wilson Potter 1897, Alfred Richard Potter 1899 and Harry Raymond Potter 1901.
    Moved to Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England between the 1891 and 1901 census'.
    Calthorpe's wife Mary Jane Potter (nee Forrest) died 1907 in Middlesbrough, Cleveland, England.
    Calthorpe re-married in 1921 to Mary E Trickett in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England.
    Emigrated with wife Mary E Potter, from 27 Summer Street, Sheffield to Albany, Australia, sailed from London on 3rd May 1922.
    I don't think they returned to England.
    Hope this helps.
    Baldy.

Nicolina

in 1871 he was aged 1, living at Stockton Road, Linthorpe, Durham (RG10, Folio 9, Piece 4897 with::
    Richard aged 43, born Banbury, Oxfordshire, occ: Brick Manufacturer & Builder
    Mary aged 33, born Middlesboro, Yorkshire
    Mary J. aged 13, born Middlesboro, Yorkshire
    Ann aged 1, born Middlesboro, Yorkshire
    Emily aged 8, born Middlesboro, Yorkshire
    Richard aged 7, born Middlesboro, Yorkshire
    plus 2 Servants