Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    David Annis

Olliecat and Coromandel you are both brilliant. I must talk to you both at a another time and take a few leaves from your books.
    My lateral thinking has got to change as there is no place for it in geneology.
    Yes that is Williams death in 1974, I have got all the up to date stuff.
    The details in Perthshire I have and printed copys and copies of the medal card.
    The chorley 1880 and 1882 batisms are a lot different than the ones I saw so that looks very promising.
    Right, the great news is that I have just received conformation that William Henry was born in Ireland.
    I have not long returned back home from work so I will tackle all this tomorrow afternoon. I have to be back up again for 6.30am. (ugh).
    Just one thing, where do you go to get certificates from Ireland.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by David Annis View Post
    Just one thing, where do you go to get certificates from Ireland.
    If you are after William’s birth certificate, you can obtain a copy from GRO Roscommon. You will need the details of the birth as posted previously (volume, page number etc.) although you should check these details for yourself on FamilySearch.

See www.groireland.ie

Also, see the fees page. A photocopy of the entry is cheaper.

https://www.groireland.ie/fees.htm

If you want to obtain a copy of his father's marriage certificate, then although the marriage occurred in Belfast (Northern Ireland), since the event occurred before 1921 then you can order that through Roscommon as well.

Knowledgeable and helpful Jellylegs's Avatar

I think the marriage can be found on rootsireland.ie (put www. in front) - you can search for free, but have to register to view the details. Registering is free, but to view the details is 5 euros. You can then print them out. The marriage is recorded under County Antrim.

I think they keep them for so long so that you can refer back to them. I paid for a marriage record a few months ago - it gave father of bride and groom and their professions, witnesses etc.

Just checked, and I can still view the record I paid for.

I couldn't see a birth for William Henry though, but then I didn't check when the records go up to.

David Annis

Cheers both, I will delve into the ordering of these certificates. I would like copies sent rather than just viewing. I expect it will be much the same as over here.
    Great news though, you can view all 32 counties of the 1911 Irish census for free, good for them, makes a change that something is available with no charge. Just google Irish 1911 census.
    Orlando is there as just Henry, with his wife and 3 children, all three born in Ireland. Orlando is described as a bottle maker, which ties up with the 1901 census, glass blower.
    I cannot see how, that between 1911 and 1912, Orlando can move to Perth, Scotland and from being a bottle maker to becoming a manager for the Co-op Insurance. Still, something may turn up to prove they are one and the same.
    Cheers
    Dave

David Annis

Harriets father, William Keogh, is also a glass blower/bottle maker. Born in Dublin abt 1852.
    Married to Annie/Ann, who is from Scotland.
    Oh heck here we go again. I cannot find a marriage in Scotland for these two and Harriet is the only child born in England.
    Their oldest child, Annie, was born in Scotland.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by David Annis View Post
    Harriets father, William Keogh, is also a glass blower/bottle maker. Born in Dublin abt 1852.
    Married to Annie/Ann, who is from Scotland.
    Oh heck here we go again. I cannot find a marriage in Scotland for these two and Harriet is the only child born in England.
    Their oldest child, Annie, was born in Scotland.
    According to the 1911 census (see link below) they were married 38 years.

Quote Originally Posted by olliecat View Post
    The parents of Harriet Kirby Keogh are living in Antrim in 1911.

https://www.census.nationalarchives.i...s_Road/167384/
    A possibility...

groom's name: William Keogh
    bride's name: Ann White
    marriage date: 31 Dec 1872
    marriage place: High Church,Glasgow,Lanark,Scotland

Needs further investigation though.

If you look on FamilySearch, you will find a couple of their children's births

name: Annie Keogh
    birth date: 28 Sep 1873
    birthplace: CALTON, GLASGOW, LANARK,SCOTLAND
    father's name: William Keogh
    mother's name: Ann White

name: Agnes Sultas Keogh
    birth date: 17 Mar 1881
    birthplace: St. Rollox, Lanark, Scotland
    father's name: William Keogh
    mother's name: Ann White

David Annis

Thumbs up

Your a gem Olliecat.
    Annie. born about 1874.
    Agnes. born about 1881.
    Others.
    Margaret W. born about 1880.
    Wilhelmina. born about 1885. *
    James. born about 1887 *
    Jane. born about 1890. *
    William. born about 1894 *
    The 1911 census shows that they had 9 children and 7 were still living, which is a bit odd because Harriet is still living and that makes 8 living children.
    * Children still living with them in the 1911 census.
    An----y does not seem to come up with much info from Scotland.
    I must look in FamilySearch more often.
    Cheers
    Dave.

I confess I haven't checked out the number of children. Will have another look at this family in a wee while. In the meantime, in case you haven't spotted them in Ireland in 1901, here they are in the census...

https://www.census.nationalarchives.i...ardens/971270/

NOTE: I think Harriet is still in Glasgow in 1901 - I haven't got the ref handy though.

Knowledgeable and helpful Jellylegs's Avatar

Harriet is with (I think) her married sister Annie Mcewan and her family in Scotland. Search for Harriet Keogh born England in 1901 Scotland census and she is the first one that comes up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast