Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hasn't the Irish census gone online? the 1926 I mean or is it due to go online soon? Oh I am off to have a look at my pet Irish website. FMP.ie So much information so little time!
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by Ladkyis View Post
    Hasn't the Irish census gone online? the 1926 I mean or is it due to go online soon? Oh I am off to have a look at my pet Irish website. FMP.ie So much information so little time!
    I think we might have to wait a bit longer for 1926 Irish Census.
    https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/help/history.html

Knowledgeable and helpful Jellylegs's Avatar

There is a 1917 birth registration of a Maurice F GUILFOYLE (mother's maiden name BREEN) in Worcestershire. Also a death of a 22 year old Maurice F GUILFOYLE in 1938/39 on FMP's Overseas GRO Marine Deaths - Ship is HMS Adventure.

Just had another look - he is also on another index - GRO War Death Naval Ratings Indices (1939-1948). Able Seaman - death 1939 Vol. 4 Page 1588
    Last edited by Jellylegs; 25-05-2011 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Added a bit more info

Thank you once again Jellylegs, I think you are getting to know my ancestors better than me! I am truly grateful for all your help. I followed up the link you sent me to the CWGC site and confirmed that both the sailors are "mine". The information on that site gives me the name of a third child of real Uncle Charlie AND confirms that they did move to Ireland sometime between the death of Maurice in 1939 and the death of John Charles in 1945 - John Charles dies in the January and my Dad was wounded in the February of that year.
    I confess to a few tears being shed when I read the information partly because real Uncle Charlie lost two sons in the war and partly because our part of the family never knew anything about them.
    OH boy do I have a lot of stuff to show the cousins at our family reunion next month!
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.

So I had a little firk around all by myself, I have always preferred Find My Past as a place to look - way back when it was 1837online! but I digress.
    I checked to see if there were any more births for Guilfoyle with Breen/e as the maiden name and came up with nothing. I then thought that I should check marriages for the Three Children - well you never know.
    I have found a marriage for Mary J Guilfoyle Westminster 5d 1059 Sep qtr 1947 to Wilson.
    I then looked for a birth of a Wilson with Guilfoyle as the maiden name of the mother and found
    Timothy M D Islington London 5c 1314 Dec qtr 1949.
    I searched FMP.ie for anything about Guilfoyle because Charles and Mary are said to be in County Wexford when their son John charles was indexed by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission. I found nothing.
    I know the scrap book belonging to Bessie Nathan was sent to Aunt Bessie in America some time in the 1950s from her brother in Ireland so.....
    I will need to keep checking as more records are put onto the FMP.ie site.

ETA: I will, of course be sending for the certificates in the hope of tracing a cousin and inviting them to the family reunion in two weeks - eek! two weeks today!
    My thanks again to all those who have contributed, we - the cousins - are really grateful
    Last edited by Ladkyis; 28-05-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: remembered an extra bit

Just taking the time to say a public thank you to Jellylegs and Mr Jellylegs who went to the Woodlands Cemetery in Gillingham, found the grave of Maurice Francis Guilfoyle and took photographs for me. Add to this that jellylegs also found a photograph of the Naval memorial in Plymouth with John Charles Seymour Guilfoyle on it and you can see that the Cousins will be given some really exciting stuff at the reunion in just over a week.
    I don't have enough words to express my thanks for the gift of precious time to travel to the cemetery and to take enough photogrphs to make sure every inch of the memorial is captured. It is such a marvellous gift. Thank you, thank you.

You are most welcome Ladkyis - glad we could help.

After the great success of YOU finding the real uncle Charlie I took the relevant pages and certificates to the family reunion and everyone was well pleased with the results. Then The Oldest One asked if "we" had learnt any more about uncle Daniel. I made a mental note to see if I could find the original marriage of Daniel Guilfoyle when next I ventured into FMP and promptly forgot until yesterday when I was rationalising the certificate binders. I have a binder each for births marriages and deaths and I decided that now was a good time to get them into branches and also into date order.
    I have the marriage of Daniel Guilfoyle Seymour to Josefa Gutiere in Newport, Mon in 1905. Now it appears that I bought this certificate in 2009 but I don't remember doing that. I also have the marriage certificate of Daniel Guilfoyle Seymour to Luise Braun in Chertsey in 1907 also purchased in 2009.
    Now I know I need proof that the two Daniel Guilfoyle Seymour's are the same person but do you ever just smell that this is your man? I just feel this in my bones. In Newport it says he was a shopkeeper and his father Guilfoyle Seymour (deceased) is a Theatrical actor. The Chertsey marriage gives his occupation as Mechanic and his father as Charles Seymour Shopkeeper.
    Is there any way I can prove or disprove that the Daniel Guilfoyle Seymour on each marriage is the same man?
    I have searched the 1911 census and as usual found nothing.
    "Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope"

I've looked in 1911 and can't find Daniel with or without a wife - even looked on the 1911 Irish census.

There was a birth of a Karl B GUILFOYLE (mother's maiden name BRAUN) in the A/M/J Q of 1913 in Birmingham (6d/697), then a death of Karl B GUILFOYLE J/A/S Q 1913, Stoke T., Staffordshire (6b/255) - aged 0. Couldn't see any other later births with the mother's maiden name BRAUN - but then if there were any before the Sep Q 1911, the mmn wouldn't be shown.

Do the signatures on the two marriage certificates look similar?

Do the ages of both Daniels tie up - and does the 1907 certificate state he was a batchelor (though we know he did lie later, so ...)?

Do the witnesses give a clue?

Sorry, not much help, but will look again tomorrow.

Mutley

I cannot find them in 1911 either.
    What was the address of Daniel and Luise at their marriage?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast