elunedllwyd

Default Lloyds of Cwm Bychan

I'm hoping to connect with descendants (of which I'm 1) of the Lloyds of Cwm Bychan. To share info. Mary..

Bodlondeb

Default Lloyd's of Cwm Bychan

Quote Originally Posted by elunedllwyd View Post
    I'm hoping to connect with descendants (of which I'm 1) of the Lloyds of Cwm Bychan. To share info. Mary..
    My name is Glynis Lloyd, and i too have descendants from Cwm Bychan. My root's originate from Ifan Lloyd [1798-1865] who lived at Garreg Lwyd, Cwm Nantcol. His father was Ifan Llwyd [1776-1848] who was married to Catrin Jones.

Regards Glynis.

elunedllwyd

Hello Glynis,
    I'm Mary and live in Manchester. My mother was a Cwm Bychan Lloyd descendant ( the branch of her family are sadly all dead ). I verified the family geneology for her, no mean task! She was born in Croesor. I'm in North Wales as often as is possible and love my welsh roots.
    I've spent many hours researching the family, and visiting places of interest including the beautiful Cwm Nanctol, Cwm Bychan, and Nannau. Do you know how your Lloyds were related to the Cwm Bychan Lloyds/Llwyds? I have a geneology via the male line to Bleddyn ap Cynfyn Prince of Wales and beyond! It's a sad fact that so much of this history isn't widely known, or is inacurately recorded on the internet.
    You're the first Lloyd I've had contact with. Thanks for your reply. I hope to hear from you again. Regards Maryx

Bodlondeb

Hello Mary,
    It really is a long story. My father was Ellis Lloyd [1918-1975], he was born in Llanbedr at Gellibant farm. His mother Elizabeth Ellen Lloyd was the eldest child of Evan Lloyd [1864-1923] who by the way was also the father of Evan Lloyd [the little boy who was painted by Vosper in Salam]. Evan [1864] was the eldest son of Ellis Lloyd[ 1836-1894] who was the only son of Ifan Lloyd [1798-1865], they lived at Garreg Lwyd, Cwm Nantcol. Ifan's father was Ifan Llwyd and his mother was Catrin Jones.
    They lived at Cilcychwyn. That is all i know about the male line in my family tree. I still have a few relatives that live in Llanbedr and a lot that are buried in that area. I have only been looking into the tree for about two years.....so i'm still rather green around the edges.
    I'am not sure i have done the tree much justice here. Also on Ancestry.co.uk.
    Look forward to hearing from you ,
    Glynis.

Y Garth

Hello Glynis
    Have just picked up your thread. I realise it is some time ago when you posted it. Anyway my grandmother was a Lloyd. Evan and Catherine Lloyd was my grandmothers nain and taid. One of their 9 children was a boy named Ellis. He later married Catherine Morris who died when she was 41. He re-married Ellen Williams. The two marriages resulted in 5 children, one of whom was Robert Lloyd, my great grandfather. In 1881 Robert Lloyd had married, Elizabeth and they along with Ellis and Ellen Lloyd plus two of Ellis's children continued to live at Cilcychwyn. In 1891 my great grandfather and his family had moved to Caergynnog, a farmstead not far from Cilcychwyn, they had four children, Ellen, Robert, John and Laura (my grandmother)
    By 1901 Robert and his family had moved to Nantgwynant where he was shepherd at Gwastadanas farm. Five years later at the grand old age of 50 he died. He was buried at Capel Salem, Nantcol. I have no idea what happened to Robert his son.
    I hope this helps a little towards compiling your ancestrol records.
    Rob