Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    obbie

just rereading through everything again .
    so
    Charles Moor Birth 04 Dec 1871 Donegal, Ireland Father John Moor Mother's Isabella Elliott . church hill donegal .
    Charles Moor Letterkenny born 1871 Volume 17 Page 188
    you can buy the correct birth 1871 from same website you bought other ones just make sure you put fathers first name in as john in advanced box , details should match up to info above .
    this would seem to fit now from charles moore,s marriage saying fathers name john and his first two children named john and isabella .
    on web site theres only the one birth to father john so it would seem to be correct .

https://www.census.nationalarchives.i...htown/1187111/
    might well be his dad and witness-sister mary

Narelle

Hi Obbie,
    Thanks for your help. I will get the certs and see what they reveal. I will let you know.
    Kind regards for all your help.
    Narelle

jimmoore

Hi Narelle
    I stumbled across this thread by accident and am intrigued by your reference to James Moore and Frances Ann Stewart because they were my great-grandparents, making Charles Moore my great-uncle. He was airbrushed out of our family history and never spoken about which kind of ties in with an earlier comment of yours. Recently, I researched him and discovered that he is listed as a WW1 war dead and is buried in Manchester, England. This would suggest that he is not your ancestor, unless he left his wife and absconded rather than died. How did your research progress since your posts in May?

Richardsm

jimmoore. Hello. Very interested in your note about Charles Moore. My father was a Charles Moore born in Ballymore in 1905. His father was Samuel Moore the son of James Moore and Frances Stewart. It would appear that the above Charles may be a great uncle also ! Samuel Moore and family of six boys and one girl moved to Londonderry around 1920. I would be interested to find out more about Charles and also any information about James Moore in 1862

Narelle

Hello Jimmoore and Richardsm, First of all sorry I missed your posting back in September Jim and thanks for making contact both of you. My sister in law will be so excited. I made contact with another relative of hers just prior to Christmas and he was able to send a photo of his great grandmother Frances Moore (Charles sister). Frances Moore moved to the USA and had two husbands and Brenden is descended from there. When I first gathered information from my sis in law she gave me Charles death date as a definite 1907 and said that he had been buried in an unmarked grave as some kind of eternal punishment. My thoughts at the time were that he may have been having an affair or he was somehow involved with the "other size" of things being a Protestant. I am no nearer to finding an answer to that so far. I have a created a small family tree from the research I have found and would love to share it with you both. Please email me at narelleATcatling.org
    Cheers Narelle

jimmoore

Hi Richard
    From your info I know who you are and yes, the Charles Moore I wrote about is definitely your great-uncle. He left home sometime in the late 1800s and never made contact again. About six years ago I discovered he was a soldier during WW1 and classified a war dead. He enlisted in the Royal Field Artillery in 1916 at Crewe in Cheshire and had been living in Nantwich. He did not die in action, but from Spanish Flu, and is buried in a Roman Catholic cemetery in Manchester. Interestingly, he had given as his next of kin, your grandfather Sam Moore even though his parents were still alive. I do have an amount of info about your ancestors and extended family, and if you are interested in it you can email me at

jimmoore02 AT aol DOT com

Hope to hear from you.
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 17-02-2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: disguised email address to deter spammers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123