katerimmer

Default WinREG - File/Fiche?

I've noticed that the new version of WinREG has a field called "File/Fiche" for baptisms, information being "Fiche or Film number" (which makes me wonder whether it should be called Film/ Fiche, but that's not my question.)

There is no such field for marriages or burials as far as I can see, although marriages do have "Image" (Image number) but I'm not sure how useful that would be without knowing which fiche or film. Just wondering what the reason is? Or is it there and I'm just not seeing it?

Mike Fry

Quote Originally Posted by katerimmer View Post
    I've noticed that the new version of WinREG has a field called "File/Fiche" for baptisms, information being "Fiche or Film number" (which makes me wonder whether it should be called Film/ Fiche, but that's not my question.)

There is no such field for marriages or burials as far as I can see, although marriages do have "Image" (Image number) but I'm not sure how useful that would be without knowing which fiche or film. Just wondering what the reason is? Or is it there and I'm just not seeing it?
    Generally, these fields are only for use where there is an agreement with the LDS to supply the transcription back to them.

The Film/Fiche and Image fields are available on every transcription! WinREG/3 has the ability to hide and re-order columns to make the transcription process better match the way in which the PR entries were written. To this end, I suggest you start the program and immediately press the F1 key. The Help file should then open, and I would point you to the topic that is entitled 'Column Layouts' which will give you all the information you need.

Regards,
    Mike Fry (Johannesburg)
    WinREG Developer

katerimmer

Thanks, Mike.