Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    whdsn

Default jones family census lookup please

Hi
    I have a william jones born abt 1866 bangor son of Thomas and Elizabeth. Thomas was born 1824 in pistyll and Elizabeth was born 1832 in LLandegai. I'm trying to find Elizabeth's maiden name so i sent away for William's birth certificate with the GRO. The trouble is they can't find him.so i need to contact bangor registery office to see if they can help me. I need to find on the 1861 where they were living and what job Thomas was doing. I know he was a quarryman on the 1871 census not sure where he was living.
    These are the children Thomas and Elizabeth had JANE 1858 BANGOR
    JOHN T 1861 BANGOR
    CATHARINE 1863 BANGOR
    ELIZABETH 1870 BANGOR

Knowledgeable and helpful Jellylegs's Avatar

This looks like the family in 1861 (RG09/4352/22/1) Living at Llannerch, Bangor
    Thomas JONES (head) b. 1829 Pystyll - Ag. Labourer
    Elizth (wife) b. 1832 Llandegai
    Jane (daughter) b. 1858 Bangor
    John (son) 6 months born Bangor

In 1871 the address is Rhyd Y Groes, Bangor (RG10/5729/46/3)
    In 1881 the address is 11 Rhyd Y Groes, Bangor (RG11/5579/72/6). Thomas was a widower, but there is a daughter Elizabeth born 1870.

(records held by TNA, Crown Copyright)

whdsn

Thank you for the information i can now ask bangor reg office for william's birth cert and his parents marriage cert to find out who was his mother.
    whdsn

whdsn

Hi
    just had the marriage certificate for Thomas and Elizabeth. Thomas's father was Robert jones a Quarryman and Elizabeth's maiden name was Griffiths daughter of Owen Price a tailor. can anyone find anymore information on the parents of Thomas and Elizabeth from the censuses

whdsn

Default 1841+ 1851 census lookup please

Hello
    I'm looking for Thomas jones born about 1824 to 1829 in pistyll i think he was a Quarryman

malcolm99

There is a Thomas Jones age 25 born in “Pisdill” in the 1851 Census HO107 Piece 2513 Folio 213 Page 7. I can’t trace another in 1851.
    (Record in care of TNA: Crown Copyright)

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

1851 living in Carnguwch

HO107/2513 folio 213 page 7 (folio number not given on Ancestry, but it is on FMP)

Thomas Jones, mar, 25, land labourer
    Mary, wife, 27,
    Sarah, daur, 4,
    Griffith, son, 1,

Children born in Carnguwch. Not going to attempt Mary's place of birth, and all I'm going to say about Thomas' is that it begins Pis. What the enumerator has scrawled after that - who knows?

(Census in care of TNA, and Crown copyright.)
    Pam

Snap, Malcolm

Brick wall demolition expert!

There are further details on Thomas Jones in this thread here.
    Last edited by olliecat; 04-06-2011 at 9:21 PM. Reason: Link removed since I have now merged the two threads.

whdsn

Hi
    thanks for the replys, I should have said my Thomas married in 1856/57 sorry. malcolm please can you give me more details on your findings i haven't got access to the censuses.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by whdsn View Post
    Hi
    thanks for the replys, I should have said my Thomas married in 1856/57 sorry. malcolm please can you give me more details on your findings i haven't got access to the censuses.
    Malcolm, if you want to attempt Mary's birthplace go ahead.
    Otherwise I've given the details.
    Pam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast