Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by olliecat View Post
    There are further details on Thomas Jones in this thread here.
    Ooh - interesting to see that there were allegedly two Thomas Jones, born Pistyll circa 1824-1829.
    And looks as if Malcolm and I have found t'other one.

Proof: 1871 census
    RG14/5715 folio 50 page: 2
    Pam
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 04-06-2011 at 7:27 PM. Reason: Added proof of statement

whdsn

HI Thomas's marriage certificate came today and it says his father was Robert Jones a Quarryman. The only baptism i can find in Pistyll for Thomas is 1824 Father John mother sarah. Thomas named one of his sons John Thomas jones but no Robert which makes me think they sent the wrong certificate. Thats why i'm looking for him on the 1841 and 1851 censuses.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Since there was an earlier thread on this person, I have now combined the two threads so that we can keep the information in one place and to avoid duplication of effort.

whdsn

Hi yes they have sent the wrong certificate. The right one reads father John a farmer and his wife's father was Owen Griffith a Quarryman. They married in Bangor 1857.
    please can someone help me to find Thomas's parents John and Sarah on any of the censuses. Thomas had a brother Robert born abt 1827 in Pistyll. He might have had a sister called Mary born abt 1816 but i'm not 100% sure about this.

malcolm99

I have checked the civil parish of Pistill (as it was called in the 1841 and 1851 Censuses) and have not found any John & Sarah Jones’ who were farmers. Nor could I trace a Robert Jones in the 1841 Census who could be directly linked to a John & Sarah.

However a search of Pwllheli Registration District in 1841 shows the following entry:

1841 Census: HO 107; Piece 1388; Book/Folio: 5/3 ; Page 4

Address: Veurdra or Vaerdre, Llandegwning

John JONES, Farmer, age 35, born Caernarvonshire
    Sarah JONES,age 30, born Caernarvonshire
    Elizabeth JONES, age 11, born Caernarvonshire
    Marry JONES, age 10, born Caernarvonshire
    John JONES, age 8, born Caernarvonshire
    Ann JONES, age 7, born Caernarvonshire
    Ellimor JONES, age 5, born Caernarvonshire
    William MORRIS, Ag Lab, age 25, born Caernarvonshire
    William JONES, Ag Lab, age 20, born Caernarvonshire
    Evan EVANS, Ag Lab, age 15, born Caernarvonshire
    Ellinor DANIEL, Female Servant, age 20, born Caernarvonshire
    Marry WILLIAMS, Female Servant,age 20, born Caernarvonshire

This family is also in the 1851 Census at the same address: HO 107; Piece 2513 ; Folio 470; Page 3

There is one other family in Pwllheli RD in 1851 with John (a Farmer of 35 acres) & Sarah Jones. See:
    HO 107; Piece 2514 ; Folio 195 ; Page 3 – Address: Brynmawr, Llaniestyn

(Census records in care of TNA: Crown Copyright)

whdsn

Thank you Malcolm, sorry these are not my ancestors. John and Sarah children were Mary 1816, Thomas 1824 and Robert 1827. Thomas was in pentir at the time of his wedding,his father John was a farmer in 1857

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Thomas Jones (Pistyll)

Quote Originally Posted by whdsn View Post
    Thank you Malcolm, sorry these are not my ancestors. John and Sarah children were Mary 1816, Thomas 1824 and Robert 1827. Thomas was in pentir at the time of his wedding,his father John was a farmer in 1857
    I recently read this thread, as I am related to this Thomas Jones. His father was Robert Jones (born abt 1796) whilst his mother was Eleanor (born abt 1791). Grateful if anyone else has further information as I would very much like to compare notes. I also have an old photograph album containing a photo of William Thomas Jones (born 1866).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12