Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    terrysfamily

Default Migration to Canada

I have a Bessy/Bessey/Betsey Sophia Drayton b. 1856 marrying a Harry Chantry/Chantrey b.1856 in Gainsborough Register Office, Lincolnshire on 11 Sep 1882

They have 6 children before Harry dies, death registered in the Jun qtr 1890 in Gainsbrough, Lincolnshire.

Children are

Thomas b.1883, Joseph b. 1884, Edith b.1885, Harry b.1887, Robert b.1888 and Grace b.1890. All born, registered or baptised in the Scotter area of Lincolnshire.

I have been told that Bessy/Bessey/Betsey Sophia Chantry dies in Canada about 1943

Having looked at the Passenger list index (have no sub) on FMP I have found these 3 entries;

CHANTRY B 1857 F 1920 Liverpool Canada Quebec (Bessy ?)
    CHANTRY R 1890 M 1920 Liverpool Canada Quebec (Robert ?)
    CHANTRY G 1891 F 1920 Liverpool Canada Quebec (Grace ?)

Is there any way of confirming or rejecting these 3 as my lot?

Thanks for any suggestions

Terry

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Terry., Bessy Chantry 63 b.England.. Robert Chantry 29 b. Scotland..& Grace Chantry, 29 b.England arrivved iin Quebec on 4 June 1920 on the vessel "Victorian .
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

A little extra to hand,......
    Arrival of Bessie Chantry to Quebec in 1920 on the "Victorian" An English Citizen of Protestant persuasion b. Kelsey Moor.
    Object in coming to Canada is to live with Son Thomas Chantrey in Ontario. leaving a Son Harry in Gainsboro,9 Cecil St. England
    Daughter having Tubercular probs.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

terrysfamily

Thank you very much Wendy, That certainly looks like my Bessy or even Bessie (did she ever decide which way she liked to spell her name I wonder)

So now I know Bessie, Grace and Thomas are in Canada. Not sure about the Robert (says born Scotland) Although, the age is correct and he sailing on the same ship as Bessie and Grace? Bessie's Richard was born in Scotter, wonder if he put that and they thought he meant Scotland?

I take it that Grace was the daughter having Tubercular probs? She would have had to go into the hospital for immigrants if it was.

Harry stayed in England, wonder what became of him. Also the same for Edith.

Joseph I know married Ethel Henderson in 1909 and raised a family in Gainsborough.

Now to find when Thomas went over.

Thank you again, you have been a great help.

Terry

Ps. think I may have found Thomas - CHANTREY T 1885 M 1910 Liverpool Canada Quebec, birth a couple of years out but a possible.

bonnieweber99

Have you looked at the Canadian website, for immigration records? They were recorded for Montreal, Quebec and Halifax.
    go to Canadian History and Genealogy Links.

Bonnie

Mutley

There is a death for an Edith Chantry age 12
    Birth: abt 1886
    Death: Jan 1898 - Gainsborough, Lincolnshire,

If you have not found your lass in 1901 or 1911 then this might be her.

Mutley

Harry was still single in 1911
    RG14 RD425 SD3 ED10 SN244
    (Record Copyright of TNA)

He may have married Clara Bee in Gainsbro in Sept 1913

terrysfamily

Thank you Bonnie, I've had a look at that site but sadly couldn't find any of my lot, but it did lead me on to find this site;

www.
    censusfinder.com/canada-census-records.htm

Which hold censuses for several districts in Canada. It hasn't helped with this particular search but has enabled me to find other family who emigrated earlieer. So thanks again.

Thank you very much Mutley, that has been a great help. Will have to try and find out if it was our Harry who married Clara Bee, but that will have to join the very long list of certificates to buy.

Thank you both again. Where would I be without all the friendly helpful people on here.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by terrysfamily View Post
    I have a Bessy/Bessey/Betsey Sophia Drayton b. 1856 marrying a Harry Chantry/Chantrey b.1856 in Gainsborough Register Office, Lincolnshire on 11 Sep 1882

They have 6 children before Harry dies, death registered in the Jun qtr 1890 in Gainsbrough, Lincolnshire.

Children are

Thomas b.1883, Joseph b. 1884, Edith b.1885, Harry b.1887, Robert b.1888 and Grace b.1890. All born, registered or baptised in the Scotter area of Lincolnshire.

I have been told that Bessy/Bessey/Betsey Sophia Chantry dies in Canada about 1943

Having looked at the Passenger list index (have no sub) on FMP I have found these 3 entries;

CHANTRY B 1857 F 1920 Liverpool Canada Quebec (Bessy ?)
    CHANTRY R 1890 M 1920 Liverpool Canada Quebec (Robert ?)
    CHANTRY G 1891 F 1920 Liverpool Canada Quebec (Grace ?)

Is there any way of confirming or rejecting these 3 as my lot?

Thanks for any suggestions

Terry
    Hi I have no idea if you will see this message as your post is years old but the Chantrey family you have posted about our my family I’m related to Edith Joseph and Ethel’s daughter would love to hear from you

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums Gracie-Jo
    Unfortunately terrysfamily is no longer a member of Brit-Gen as indicated by the word "guest' under his username. We do not keep any contact information about 'guests' so he will not receive notification of your post.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast