Sandra Parker

Default Abraham & Joseph got lost in 1881

Joseph Colenutt (Colenett, Colnutt & a few other variations) was born Sep Q 1849 in Niton, son of Abraham Colenutt and Ann Wells.
    I have them in 1851,61,71, 91 always in Niton, IOW, and both men were carpenters.
    Where was he hiding in 1881?
    Hardly likely to be on a world cruise, but definitely not easily found. As Abraham and Ann are missing in 1881 too, where ever they were they were probably somewhere together!
    Any ideas? I have checked various spellings and places, but the best I can come up with is on Guernsey and that's certainly not this family.
    Sandra

Nicolina

RG11/1186/10 Page 14 has an Abraham, transcribed as COLEWITH by FMP. He's possibly a son as his age is given as 37 and he's a Carpenter, Builder & Undertaker by profession

RG11/1185/106 p 10 has James Colenutt brother of Abraham and further up the page is an asterix. Below it says family left on visit after schedule left.

Census records crown copyright, care of the TNA

Nicolina

beat me to it KathNZ but they still do not show up anywhere. Maybe they were in transit.

Sandra Parker

yes, it's Abraham, born 1812 and son Joseph born 1849, who are lost. Have located the rest of the family of interest to me.
    thanks for your replies though.

Quote Originally Posted by KathNZ;... it says family left on visit after schedule left.

[I
    Census records crown copyright, care of the TNA[/I]
    Must have been a long trip as it seems they didn't get to any other place where they were counting either.

Thanks KathNZ and Nicolina

Sandra

Nicolina

maybe they were at the pub and too drunk to know who they were

Sandra Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolina View Post
    maybe they were at the pub and too drunk to know who they were
    my lot???? at the pub???????? How could you even infer such a thing?? (quite possibly true of course)
    Sandra whose spectacled aura definitely knows what it is.