Marchbank

Smile MALAQUIN Famille

Waldemar MALAQUIN my gr-grandfather came to NZ in 1876, he lived in Christchurch until his death in 1926.
    I have a fair amount of detail on him and his family, but would love more.
    The MALAQUINs married into ELLIS,WILLIAMS, HARRIS, BENNETT, RICHARDS, HADLER families plus others.
    If anyone can add more I would be very grateful.
    I have Waldemar's marriage, death, occupation, Naturalization details.
    There is a bit of info on Papers Past, I would love to find his mother's death notice ( assuming it is in a newspaper as his father's was), equally I would to find when he went home to France

Could you give Waldemar's wife's name and date of death please.

There is an article in the Star (Papers Past) on 16 February 1906 about Mons Malaquin just returning to Christchurch after a visit to France. He had been absent from his native land for 20 years.

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by KathNZ View Post
    Could you give Waldemar's wife's name and date of death please.
    There's much about the family here: https:// sites.google.com/site/thenzmallies/Home

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Marchbank
    I would love to find his mother's death notice ( assuming it is in a newspaper as his father's was), equally I would to find when he went home to France
    Marchbank, I see from the above website that Waldemar died in NZ. Is it his parents' return to France you are looking for?
    For anyone trying to help, the above website shows that Waldemar's parents were Olivier and (Marie) Euphrosyne or Euphrosine Malequin (maiden name Rozzell). Olivier died in France but there was a death announcement in the Christchurch Press.

Marchbank

Waldemar's wife was Elizabeth Ann ELLIS, she was born in Lancashire England and came to NZ with her parents and possibly siblings, although I have not been able to find that record as yet. Waldemar & Elizabeth were married in 1883 in North Canterbury. They both died in Christchurch after a not very happy marriage.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

hello there i am a great granddaughter of Waldermar Malaquin he married Elizabeth Ann Ellis 15 august 1883 in rangiora christchurch she died 21 september 1923 he died 6 january 1926 where abouts do you fit in the family and where do you live ??i am Kathleen malaquins daughter waldermar was my grandfather Emiles father would be nice to catch up re family tree

Marchbank

Quote Originally Posted by loisreeves View Post
    hello there i am a great granddaughter of Waldermar Malaquin he married Elizabeth Ann Ellis 15 august 1883 in rangiora christchurch she died 21 september 1923 he died 6 january 1926 where abouts do you fit in the family and where do you live ??i am Kathleen malaquins daughter waldermar was my grandfather Emiles father would be nice to catch up re family tree
    Hey Lois, it's me Michelle, been a while since I did this.