Quote Originally Posted by ewan View Post
This couple don't seem to want to be found, if anyone can help locate them it would be much appreciated.

Alice Cheverton born 1855 Isle of Wight married John James Williams in 1884 Isle of Wight.

They had a son Walter John in 1885 Isle of Wight.

The nearest sighting of a Walter John Williams is of a lad aged 7 born about 1884 (Waller J Greenwood/Williams son of Mary Greenwood aged 61) in 1891 living Southampton being stated as being born in Southampton living with a family of Greenwoods. However the change of name is confusing me.

In 1901 the same Walter now aged 19 is living with the same family now called Williams! mum being an Elizabeth aged 45.

I think this maybe the son of the above couple, but I can't explain the change of name and mum etc. My quest is to find out what happened to Alice and John James Williams, if anyone can help please.

Thank you for any help.
Ewan
Hello Pam, thank you for your time spent looking through for marriages, your help has been much appreciated. I think I had better give up on trying to find the above couple for the time being, they appear to be leading me on a bit of a goose chase.

Regards
Ewan