patriciab_1

Default Marriage and Death

Hi Friends Like to find the marriage and death Charles Elliot b.1908 Castleside Durham m? Bessie ? They retired to Yorkshire where Charles died in 198? Bessie then went to a nursing home ?. His parents Alexander Elliot b.1869 Hawick Scotl. m1898 to Frances Benton Hetherington b. 1870 Castleside Durham. Looking for abit of luck cheers, Trish

Coromandel

Hello Trish

If you have Charles' full date of birth, you should be able to use it to search the "England & Wales 1916-2005 Death Index" on the subscription site Ancestry (you may be able to get free access at your local library), since dates of birth are given in the death index by the 1980s. Then you can send for a death certificate and get full details.

There is a corresponding marriage index on Ancestry too, or you may find the marriage on FreeBMD, but without knowing Bessie's maiden name it may be difficult to identify.

I think at the time of Charles' birth, Castleside would have been in the Lanchester registration district. The only Charles Elliott birth registered in that district (according to FreeBMD) was in the first quarter of 1906, not 1908. (What is the source of your info on his birthdate? Could it be a little out?).

malcolm99

Hello Trish

Charles Elliot appears to be Joseph Charles Elliot, born June Quarter 1908: Lanchester Registration District, vol.10a, p.398.

He married Elizabeth Snowden, December Quarter 1938: Durham North Western Registration District, vol.10a, page 689.

malcolm99

There’s a death for a Joseph Charles Elliot in Durham North RD in February 1985, vol. 1, page 1622. Date of birth given as 24 February 1908.

malcolm99

There is a death for an Elizabeth Elliot in Durham North RD in January 2003,date of birth given as 2 February 1911.

It’s impossible to be sure this is Bessie unless you know more details about her (e.g. date/place of birth [Dipton? Leadgate? somewhere else?]).

patriciab_1

Thanks very much for your work, 1916-2005 Death Index will be my next step. I have tried FreeBMD know luck there. In 1911 census I found Charles Elliot 1908 could easlier be wrong cheers, Trish

patriciab_1

Thanks so much for the work you have done. My next step will be to look up the 1916-2005 deaths Index [will go to the local library]. Have tried FreeBMD with know luck. Found Charles Elliot and siblings on the 1911 census. once again thanks cheers, Trish

patriciab_1

Hi Malcom, I have a very good feeling about this. After checking this out and all is well this will be third one in the family that has used their second name as their first This does make things a little harder to find etc. etc. Thanks Malcom this family is comming along nicely all falling into place I've got that happy feeling so much better than the frustration brickwall feeling. cheers, Trish . I know I go on sorry.