Hello all, I previously was posting as KELBY re the Robertson Atherton/fitzpatrick Howard thread.
I have some new information. An Aunt Nell(deceased) who was the younger sister of William Frederick Roberts who changed his name by deed poll to William Frederick Atherton. She told another family member also deceased but we found some notes that Alma Jeane Fitzpatrick Howard was in fact Alma Jeane Sweitzer and she married William Atherton. I have solved the Roberts side of the family so now I need some help with Alma Jeane Sweitzer family supposedly born in Tasmania. I have been searching and do see a variation in the name so there is that as well. She was apparently a three year trainee nun with Sisters of the poor. Then sometime after married William in Nairobi under her changed name in 1920. She died in 1954, age given as 62 which may differ by a few years either way. I have no confirmed birth date or place. I have no more information but the brick wall is starting to crumble slightly with that new information.
The name of William Robertson Atherton was in fact his mothers and grandmothers maiden names. His deed of poll name change was Atherton only he died in Huntsville New South Wales.
I really need to solve this to complete my knowledge of where my mothers family were from.
I have searched endlessly for those wrong names, and so hoping that it will all unravel with this new information. Please help if anyone can or give me some advice. 🥺🥸