Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Christoe

Default Railway Pioneer Regiment - 1899-1902

Hello,

I have transcribed the Railway Pioneer Regiment (WO 126/106-111).

I have a copy of all the images and am more than happy to do any look-up's...

Regards, Malcolm

hghdonald

Default I was wondering if you could help?

Hi Malcolm!

I was wondering if you could help. I believe my great great grandfather Peter Rigg served with the railway pioneer regiment I was wondering if you had any information that could reinforce that fact as of now it has only been talked of in my family and we have no actual proof. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance for your time and your help.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hugh.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi Hugh

There is a Private P Rigg, 3rd Battalion Railway Pioneer Regt on the Queens South Africa Medal Roll, Regt. No. 1706, entitled to clasps for 'Cape Colony, Orange Free State, Transvaal, South Africa 1901 and 1902.

Martin

Valued member of Brit-Gen

The following link may be of interest:

https://
    angloboerwar.com/unit-information/south-african-units/459-railway-pioneer-regiment

Martin
    Last edited by Jan1954; 10-07-2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Url edited - they have a shop.

kaigs

Hi Malcolm, please can you look in your database for the following with the Railway Pioneer Regiment for whom I am looking for date and place of death; J Farrell, Lt. AW Aitken, Pte. CH McReady, Major TH White.
    Kind regards
    Brian Kaighin

Hello Malcolm, I have just discovered a family member Charles Wilmshurst born 1860 who I believe served in Railway Pioneer Regiment. I have a Pass with some interesting information on.
    Do you have any record of Charles?
    Really appreciate your help

kaigs

Hi Malcolm, my post for December requests anyone for info on the RPR. Please can ytou look up the names for me?
    Kind regards Brian

From Find My Past
    Ref: National Archives WO127. Nominal rolls colonial units
    Railway Pioneer Regiment
    John Farrell, Private, No 2093, 3 Battalion
    Charles Henry Mccready, Private, No 2638, 4 Battalion
    Charles Wilmhurst, Private, No 994, 1 Battalion
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Malcolm I cannot thank you enough. I have gone from a name and vague possibility to a definite and with rank, number and battalion. It is so exciting another golden piece of jigsaw to fit into the family history.
    I have an original 'PAS' giving permission for travel from THABA NCHU to BLOEMFONTEINE and back, dated 15 February 1901. It is for ' 4 Boys, 10 mules, 2 Wagons and 18 Oxen.
    Thank you once again.
    Last edited by Treacledog; 15-03-2014 at 9:23 AM. Reason: To add some more information

kaigs

Many thanks Malcolm
    Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast