fitzjohn

Default Blanche family from New Ross

I wish to contact descendants of Mary Blanche Nee Cunningham. She married a Patrick Blanche in 1935. They lived in New Ross in the 1940's and 1950's. One of their children (I believe he was known as Jimmy) was a professional boxer. It is possible they may be able to give me information about a family member killed by the Black & Tans.

Bertie

boxrec.com lists Jimmy BLANCHE with certain birth date and residence information which I won't post here in case he is still living.

His birth record is shown on FreeBMD in Brentford for the year matching the entry above, mother Cunningham
    Last edited by Bertie; 06-02-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: More information

Bertie

If you search eircomphonebook.ie you will find two BLANCHE names in Wexford, both in New Ross. It would be worth trying to contact them to see if they are rekated

fitzjohn

Bertie, Thank you so much for responding to my thread. Both the Blanche families in New Ross which you pointed in my direction have turned out to be related. One of them being a first cousin, the boxer who was also a first cousin and brother of the New Ross Blanche is unfortunately deceased. Once again many thanks for your involvement. Best wishes, Fitzjohn

locallad27

Irish Civil Register;

Patrick Blanche;
    Death; Jan-March 1917 (71)

Anne Blanche;
    Death; July-Sept 1901 (50)

Sarah Blanche;
    Marriage; Apr-June 1909
    -----------
    Jack