A fountain of knowledge Mary Young's Avatar

Default Agnes Harris WALDIE b.1888 Scotland

Looking for death of AGNES HARRIS born 1888 in Scotland, married an ANDREW WALDIE in 1910, and may have emigrated to Australia in 1924. Her husband died in Scotland 1934, when the informant believed Agnes Harris Waldie was still alive.

A friend has been looking on one of the paid genealogy sites. She says "I checked the All Death, Burial, Cemetery & Obituaries results for Agnes Harris Waldie - there's something here but it has a 'strikeover' so I can't read it - it seems to be under a newspaper clipping about a Waldie that died in WW 1".

I'd be immensely grateful if SKS could look at this for me. It's a bit of a mystery.

Famous for offering help & advice

On the FMP index the Agnes Waldie mentioned seems to (possibly) travel with 4 children - Christina B, Margaret C, Sydney H, and Andrew. No adult Andrew.
    On the NSW BDM website there is a marriage for an Agnes Waldie in 1935 to a James Mc/Mac Farlane. Also possible marriages for all of the children.

Could Agnes have left her husband?

Wow, that was quick!! Yes, this must be my AGNES HARRIS WALDIE and family.
    The youngest is named for his father ANDREW WALDIE; the others for grandparents CHRISTINA BRUCE, MARGARET CRAWFORD and SYDNEY HARRIS - very neat.
    It looks as if Agnes left her husband in Scotland, and emigrated to Australia with the children.
    Maybe she was encouraged to join her cousin, SYDNEY HARRIS BANKS, whose family emigrated in 1921/22.
    Now I have the names, I can confirm the children's births in the Scottish records.
    Many, many thanks.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Young View Post
    The youngest is named for his father ANDREW WALDIE; the others for grandparents CHRISTINA BRUCE, MARGARET CRAWFORD and SYDNEY HARRIS - very neat.
    Happy to help. NSW BDM have a death in 1956 of an Agnes McFarlane , father Sydney, mother Christine which sounds possible.

Quote Originally Posted by grisel View Post
    Happy to help. NSW BDM have a death in 1956 of an Agnes McFarlane , father Sydney, mother Christine which sounds possible.
    It's more than possible! I'm sure it's my distant cousin.
    Many thanks again.