Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Burrow Digger

This has been a very exciting thread to read. I was attracted to the Burrow name since I too have Burrow and Burrows ancestors but none of yours match any of mine.

Ok this Ricardo fellow seems to have settled the reason why your Frederick Burrow moved to brazil, but I wanted to mention another possible reason.

In 1886 my gt grandmother Mary Evans found herself in East Devon (where she was born and raised) , unmarried and pregnant. she and the baby's father (William Burrow of Ottery St Mary and aged only 18) got married in Honiton, by license and then took a clipper ship to New Zealand. Their first child, Bessie was born in NZ in April 1887. They had 10 more kids after her. One of those 10 kids was my grandmother.

So thats another possible reason why any young adult in the 19th century could leave home and travel to a faraway country.

Ricardo Bailly

Hello "Burrow Digger"

In fact, I did not settled the reason why Federick Burrowes came to Brazil. I told I know why his father in law, Samuel William Sholl came to Brazil. Herriet, the future wife of Frederick, was born in Brazil in a bourgeois family, and I do not know how they met, but certainly they did so in Rio de Janeiro.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi,
    Frederick Seaton Burrows was my great grandfather.
    He changed his name from "burrows" to "burrowes".
    I was told that was easier to speak in portuguese.

Frederick Burrowes

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567