Thread: Danoon/Stables

Shea

Default Danoon/Stables

My great, great, great Grandmother was Jane Danoon.
    She married James Stables in Grange on 13th June 1793 and they had twins: George & Jane (aka Jean). The family lived at Auchincrieve Farm, Rothiemay & the farm remained in the family until 1900 when my great grandfather lost his sight and had to retire.

I'm seeking signposting to records that might give me details of Jane & her family; and also records which may give me more information on James' family. Scotlands People has yielded nothing to date. Does anyone have any ideas of how I may locate records for this part of Banffshire to move back into the period 1750-90?
    Diana

Famous for offering help & advice

Family Search have a baptism of a Jean Denoon 1763 at Grange, parents David Denoon and Jean Donald and this is also on the free index at SP. Sp also has a Jane Denoon 1777 in Banffshire and a few in Aberdeenshire.

You may need to be inventive with spellings and look at records in Banffshire, Aberdeenshire and Moray as you are close to county boundaries and these boundaries did change. Check Genuki for details and this should also tell you where church records are held and for which dates.

Genuki also has links to the Aberdeen and NE Scotland Family History Society which may be helpful.

Shea

Dear Grisel
    Thanks for your reply. Your strapline - a fountain of knowledge - is really apt.
    Regards
    Diana Shea

Judy Anderson

Hello,
    I come from a long line of STABLES on my father's side. Do you have STABLES later on. I have my James STABLES starting from 1800's in Aberdeen, Keith, Banffshire, etc. etc. my Gt.Grandfather, James Stables was born in 1839 and married to Annie Forsyth Duncan. I have a lot of details on my Ancestry.com STABLES AND EDMOND TREES.
    Judy