Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Richard1955

Default Bridget Mary Byrne b 1903 Ireland

Please help me. I have been trying to sort this out for years but Bridget Mary Byrne is such a common name in Ireland that I need help.
    I can't work out which family Bridget comes from and don't really have enough info.
    Only those who need a good challenge may apply!

Bridget, was my grandmother, born 1903-1904 in Ireland. Possibly but not definitely Dublin.
    She married Thomas Henry Jones 1928 in Manchester and died 1942 also in Manchester.
    The marriage certificate states father Patrick deceased.
    I have searched the 1911 Irish census but can't reduce the number of possibilities.
    I haven't been able to find any kind of directory for this area in 1939.

My father, god rest his sole, told me that he visited his Byrne relations in Loughlinstown, south of Dublin,
    in 1939 and that it was a large family. He couldn't remember any names unfortunately.
    I do have a photo of the house if that helps anyone.

Richard

gasser

Hi Richard,
    You have chosen a very common name.......I too, am having problems with a Mary Byrne (Carlow) married a Whelan.

However, as Loughlinstown is a suburb in Dublin south, I found these births which may be of interest and match the y.o.b you give, from the igi pilot search:

#Name: Bridget Mary Byrne
    District: Dublin South: BIRTHS Registration Quarter and Year: Oct - Dec 1904
    Film Number: 101070 Volume Number: 2 Page Number: 532 Digital Folder Number: 4193984 Image Number: 00243 Collection: Ireland, Civil Registration Indexes, 1845-1958

#Name: Bridget Mary Byrne
    District: Dublin South BIRTHS Registration Quarter and Year: Apr - Jun 1903
    Film Number: 101069 Volume Number: 2 Page Number: 611 Digital Folder Number: 4193983 Image Number: 00390 Collection: Ireland, Civil Registration Indexes, 1845-1958

Good luck,

Brick wall demolition expert!

Have you looked at this

www.
    rootsweb.ancestry.com/~irldub/

Richard1955

Hi Gasser
    Thanks for your help but I didn't chose the name nor the Jones name that Bridget married.

I can only assume that Bridget was born in South Dublin as her relatives were living there some 35 years later in 1939
    and that the IGI records are incomplete and there may be more possabilities that are not recorded.
    It would help to narrow it down if they gave the father's name.

Thanks for your help
    Richard

Famous for offering help & advice

Looking at the Bridget Byrne age 7 plus or minus 5 years on the 1911 the family which I keep coming back to is the family at Shanganagh in Rathmichael DED. It looks as though Shanganagh is on the coast SE of Loughlinstown. In this family the parents are absent (presumed dead?) and various siblings mentioned.
    The same family in 1901 has parents Patrick and Kate.

Just a wild hunch though!

Richard1955

Hi Grisel
    Unusual name! Easy for someone to search in the future!
    I have found this family on the 1911 census in the past but not the parents earlier.
    I'll share the hunch with you.

Many thanks
    Richard

Knowledgeable and helpful

Richard,

It'll be a bit of a needle in haystack trying to identify her from the Irish end with such a common name. Did she leave a will, or were there any obituraries, and does she have a gravestone? All of these might provide clues to relatives in Ireland.

Elwyn

Bertie

For info. this is the same post as "Bridget Mary Byrne b 1903 Ireland" where there are some answers already

Richard1955

Hi Elwyn and thanks for your reply.
    I know it's a needle in a haystack but was hoping someone close to the family would see my message.

No will or obituraries that I have found and the gravestone carries no clues.

Thanks again
    Richard

Richard1955

Bertie and everyone else.
    Apologies for repeat myself. I was trying to catch the attention of an expert across the water.

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast