frank2910

Default Help with History of Delson Junction, Quebec,

In 1911- 1912 My maternal Great Grandfather and all his family apart from my Grandfather Emigrated to Canada and settled in Delson JUnction (Delson) in Canada. Although I have many family photographs of the family in Delson also photograph of Delson in 1914 showing the house they were living in and also traced the ships they emigrated on I can find no resources on the History of Delson apart from the La Prairie Brickworks where they were employed and also that it was a junction of the Canadian Pacific Railway, I know that many families from Kent Emigrated there in the early 1900,s and families married within this Kentish Community, I want to further my research into the history of Delson so hope that someone that resides in Canada could point me in the right direction for any books or resources that may help. The family name is Hubbard My Great grandparents were James and Edith.

Thank You
    Frank

Isambard

In case you haven't found it, a short history of Delson appears on Wikipedia (google - History Delson and Saint Constant).
    Delson is now part of Saint Constant and home of the Canadian Railway Museum aka Exporail.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by frank2910 View Post
    In 1911- 1912 My maternal Great Grandfather and all his family apart from my Grandfather Emigrated to Canada and settled in Delson JUnction (Delson) in Canada. Although I have many family photographs of the family in Delson also photograph of Delson in 1914 showing the house they were living in and also traced the ships they emigrated on I can find no resources on the History of Delson apart from the La Prairie Brickworks where they were employed and also that it was a junction of the Canadian Pacific Railway, I know that many families from Kent Emigrated there in the early 1900,s and families married within this Kentish Community, I want to further my research into the history of Delson so hope that someone that resides in Canada could point me in the right direction for any books or resources that may help. The family name is Hubbard My Great grandparents were James and Edith.

Thank You
    Frank
    Hi Frank
    I grew up in Delson in the 70's. There is lots of info outy there as well as a facebook group.

Mark Lamontagne
    Fall River Nova Scotia