Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default William Andrews and Catherine Whitehead

Can anybody please look up the index for a marraige in 1911 for William Andrews and Catherine Whitehead.
    Regards
    Michelle

Brick wall demolition expert!

If you are looking in Scotland, then as suggested by Kerrywood on your earlier thread, you would have to purchase a few credits on Scotlands Peoples in order to see the marriage certificate.

Mary Young

I had one credit left - so looked up the index for you. The marriage is listed TWICE -
    1911 ANDREWS, William to LAWRIE, Catherine Reddie
    1911 ANDREWS, William to WHITEHEAD, Catherine Reddie.
    which implies that Catherine gave two surnames - perhaps she was illegitimate, fostered or a widow.
    The reference is
    District: St Andrew (Edinburgh)
    City/County: Edinburgh City/Midlothian
    GROS Data 685/02, 0079.

To look at the page of the Register you would need to Register at the scotlandspeople site and buy 30 credits for £6.00 (the minimum).
    I'm sorry I am out of credits so can't help with this.

Hi Mary
    Thank you very much. I have only just now viewed Kerrywood's reply to my earlier question on the Yorkshire page, so I am sorry about that.
    Regards
    Michelle
    PS Can I view free census records for Scotland? or do I have to view them at scotlandspeople?

Quote Originally Posted by michellemcintosh3 View Post
    Can I view free census records for Scotland? or do I have to view them at scotlandspeople?

This Genuki page on Scotland will answer your question about the Scottish census.

The subscription site Ancestry has the 1841 to 1901 censuses for England, Wales, Scotland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. You should note that they only have indexes/transcriptions of the Scottish census. The scotlandspeople site has the images as well.
    The Scots will release the 1911 Scottish census later this year, just after 27 March 2011.

I'm guessing from your other thread that it's the 1901 and 1911 Scottish census you are after. I don't know of any specific online sites that offer access to these for free but someone else on this forum may know more. Have you thought of checking libraries or other centres in your area - in case any have a library edition subscription to a site such as Ancestry, which you could view for free.

Fiona67

Hi Michelle
    There are 50 William Andrews listed in the 1901 Scotland Census. Do you have anymore info on William so I can narrow it down for you, a dob & a place would help

Regards
    Fiona

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona67 View Post
    Hi Michelle
    There are 50 William Andrews listed in the 1901 Scotland Census. Do you have anymore info on William so I can narrow it down for you, a dob & a place would help

Regards
    Fiona

Hi Fiona, I don't think Michelle is online at the moment, so here's the earlier thread with William Andrew's details. I flopped on finding him in 1901 - hopefully you can do better.

Fiona67

I'm afraid I haven't had any success so far

Hi Fiona
    Thank you for taking a look for him, But all I know is that he was born at Goole Yorkshire and that he married at Edinburgh in mach of 1911.
    Regards Michelle

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by michellemcintosh3 View Post
    all I know is that he was born at Goole Yorkshire and that he married at Edinburgh in mach of 1911.
    What does the marriage register say about his parents? It should give the names of both, as well as his mother's maiden name.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast