Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by madgarry
    Nothing on his death cert bar what ive allready posted,name,address,cause of death.
    I couldn't see the cause of death in the thread, perhaps it is well hidden? Cause is of use if:

1. He was hanged
    2. Cause of death was otherwise violent and which may been reported.

As were not sure where he comitted his crime I dont know what news papers to contact for back records
    archive.timesonline?

madgarry

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    I couldn't see the cause of death in the thread, perhaps it is well hidden? Cause is of use if:

1. He was hanged
    2. Cause of death was otherwise violent and which may been reported.

archive.timesonline?
    Cheers, I think I need to find a paid up member to access it

Cause of death is listed as natural causes namely cerebral haemorage

susiemorris

Default Francis Edwin Morris

Quote Originally Posted by madgarry View Post
    Guys ive just come accross a relative who appears to have died in HMP Camphill Isle of Wight in 1941,ime in touch with his great grandson my 2nd cousin but they have no idea what he was sent to jail for so ime needing help to find out what he did and where he was sentenced ect.

Frank Edwin Morris (aka Francis) born about 1879 in Crabbs Cross Redditch, he married Sarah Jane Coley (my great aunt) in 1900 at Rushock Worcestershire they had 13 children and as far as I know he was listed as a Farmer by occupation.Their last child was born at Belbroughton Worcs in 1926 and that is the last location we have for the family until his death in prison in 1941.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Garry
    Hi Gary - I think you are a distant cousin! My father is John Brian Morris, who I think you have already been in contact with. I am digging around and plotting out my family tree. I've already done my mother's side of the family and am now doing my dad's. My dad's father (my Grandfather) was George Morris - and he was born in 1901 and died in 1972 when I was 9. My Grandma (Beatrice Morris nee. Odell) was born in 1905 and died in 2000 aged 95. They just had the one child, my father - although it transpired that my Grandfather actually fathered a daughter, Ingrid, who is a few years younger than my dad and he has since made contact with. I think that Francis Edwin Morris was my Great Grandfather and hence is my dad's Grandfather. My grandparents got married in 1928 and had my father in 1932 and as Francis appears to have died in 1941, I am not sure how much he can remember of him.

I'd love to know where they lived and would be very curious to know what happened to Great Grandfather Francis!

Hope to hear from you.

Kind Regards

Susie.

madgarry

Hia Susie, yes we are cousins, you are my 2nd cousin 1x removed, if you use ancestry.com I have a fair bit on the morris clan on there, contact me at garrywestonATaolDOTcom

Regards Garry
    Last edited by christanel; 30-07-2014 at 10:01 PM. Reason: please use pm system to give email address to deter spam

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default help

Quote Originally Posted by madgarry View Post
    Hia Susie, yes we are cousins, you are my 2nd cousin 1x removed, if you use ancestry.com I have a fair bit on the morris clan on there, contact me at garrywestonATaolDOTcom

Regards Garry
    Hi Gary, Hi Susie

here comes another relative with more news

I'm Ian and my grandmother was Doris Morris ( she died 2 years ago ) and was the last of Franks 13 children to die.

Frank lived with Sarah in Emley Lovett a village in Worcestershire as a Farmer

11 of his kids were all boys and then the last to be born came the girls Gladys and Doris.

I can only speak of my Grandmother because that's fair. but lets say that she never spoke or would speak of him during her life and even when family trees were being made it was a 'no go' subject because she got too upset.
    he did die of natural causes on HMP isle of wight and was there doing time for something serious.
    I'd like to know for sure... but the implication was and its without prejudice...that he liked to be 'very friendly' to my grandmother as a little girl and if we think how back then, it would have been difficult to prove or convict such a thing within a family I can only speculate he was quite a piece of work !!
    well he obviously got his sentence and that's why its difficult to find press relating to the trial ( it would affect the family too, so sensitivity was required )

as much as i know ..

madgarry

Quote Originally Posted by srfcvp View Post
    Hi Gary, Hi Susie

here comes another relative with more news

I'm Ian and my grandmother was Doris Morris ( she died 2 years ago ) and was the last of Franks 13 children to die.

Frank lived with Sarah in Emley Lovett a village in Worcestershire as a Farmer

11 of his kids were all boys and then the last to be born came the girls Gladys and Doris.

I can only speak of my Grandmother because that's fair. but lets say that she never spoke or would speak of him during her life and even when family trees were being made it was a 'no go' subject because she got too upset.
    he did die of natural causes on HMP isle of wight and was there doing time for something serious.
    I'd like to know for sure... but the implication was and its without prejudice...that he liked to be 'very friendly' to my grandmother as a little girl and if we think how back then, it would have been difficult to prove or convict such a thing within a family I can only speculate he was quite a piece of work !!
    well he obviously got his sentence and that's why its difficult to find press relating to the trial ( it would affect the family too, so sensitivity was required )

as much as i know ..
    Ian ive sent you an email. Garry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12