farrell

Lightbulb David Raymond Jones

I am looking for any information on David Raymond Jones,He married Margaret Jones in the St Asaph area in abt 1902, They had several children Norah b 1904,Veronica b 1906 and a son Robert.
    David was a journeyman shoemaker,I have no record of him but Margaret and the children were later in the St Asaph workhouse. The children then went to live in the Liverpool area with a grandmother.

Any help please.
    farrell

Reputation beyond repute

Where did you get the father's name from?

Geoffers

Welcome to the B-G forums

Quote Originally Posted by farrell
    I am looking for any information on David Raymond Jones,He married Margaret Jones in the St Asaph area in abt 1902
    A JONES marriage in Wales is not the easiest thing to isolate, however the General Register Office (GRO) index of marriages will at least help to narrow down possible matches. If you are not sure how to use the index or where it is available, please ask

Do you have the family on the 1911 census (available on the pay-per-view site 'Findmypast') which should hopefully confirm the length of time the couple had married.

farrell

On the birth certificate of Veronica Jones b 1st Dec.1911 at Cartrefte,St Asaph. the fathers name was David Raymond Jones a journeyman shoemaker.The mother was Margaret Jones (formerley Jones).
    On the 1911 census the family appeared in the St Asaph workhouse. David Raymond Jones was not with them.
    I cant find his death or Margarets death anywhere. I am stillnot sure of the marriage date.

Thanks for replies. Graham (farrell)

Geoffers

I think a good place to start might be with the workhouse.

First - Have a look at the workhouses web-site -
    www.
    workhouses.org.uk

Put St.Asaph into the search engine and from the list select the option that takes you to a description of the place. scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll find what records survive for the workhouse; there seem to be quite a few.

The contact details and web-site for Flintshire Record Office can be found via the Archon Directory on TNA's web-site.

In the meantime, try searching the GRO index, either via freebmd or one of the several pay-per-view sites, to see if you can identify the marriage of David and Margaret JONES.

farrell

Apparentley on the birth certificates of Norah Jones b 1907 St Asaph and Veronica b 1910 St Asaph the name of the father was David Raymond Jones, In fact the father was David Chambers Jones 1875 Abergele. David Raymond was his father.I would like to find references to order birth certificates for Margaret Jones b 1909 ( St Asaph ) I thing and Robert Jones b 1903, the other children of David Chambers Jones and Margaret Jones.