Are there any suggestions on finding more information about coopers? There was more than one person named William Bowkett in the early 19th century with a wife named Elizabeth. I am seeking information about my 4th great grandfather William Bowkett, who was listed as a cooper in the baptism of at least 6 children. A probable marriage took place 14 June 1796, at St. Giles Church, Southwark, Camberwell, to Elizabeth Wilkins.

Address at the baptism of 2 children: 1803-1805, Jacob St., Bermondsey, Parish St. Mary Magdalene.

Address at the baptism of 2 children: 1806-1814, Dock Head way, parish St. John Horsleydown.

Address from Burial record, William Bowcott, 5 June 1837: Russell Street, Saint John Horsleydown, Southwark Surrey, England, age 66 years.

1841 Census, Elizabeth Bowcott, 70. Laundress, Finamores Place, St John Horselydown, Southwark Surrey, Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 1087; Book: 5; Civil Parish: St John Horsleydown; County: Surrey; Enumeration District: 6; Folio: 14; Page: 21; Line: 24; GSU roll: 474669., Watkins WIlliam 25 Surgical Institution [born in county-Y], Elizabeth Bowcott, 70. Laundress [born in county-Y], Jane Spindler 48 [born in county-Y], Eliza Spindler 19 [born in county-Y], [previous page says Russell St.], Folio 12: Russell St. John Wilkins victualler 35 [born in county-Y], Sarah do 30 [born in county-Y].

Elizabeth Bowcott died 28 January 1843, 10 Finamores Place, widow of William Bowcott, a carpenter.

The location of Elizabeth Bowcott in the 1841 census at Finamores Place matches her address in the burial record and Russell Street (address on husbands death record) is on the previous page of the census. There are Watkins and Wilkins on the census, and these are family names. The records seem to fit well for this family. Are there any other available records that I may look at? All suggestions would be appreciated.