Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBailey View Post
    Hi Grisel,
    what was the address of this site you stumbled upon, I don't think I have seen it?
    Not sure if allowed to post so will send it in a pm. But if you Google John LORIMER/Isobel BUSHBY exactly as I have written it, it comes up at the top of the page.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBailey View Post

Actually, that record, did you happen to notice if there was an older John Lorimer as well?
    No older John Lorimer with Thomas I'm afraid. Found the records on Freecen.

maryphil

Annie
    I've just joined this site tonight and wondered if I can be any help with the Bedfordshire John Lorimer. I am probably way behind with the posts but just incase would you find it helpful
    Regards
    Maryphil

AnnieBailey

Hi Mary,
    Re The Bedfordshire John Lorimer, I don't think he is mine. I ordered the will but found that the family names etc, did not match with my John Lorimer. I am still waiting to recieve a copy of the marriage record from Northallerton, so, hoping I will have some new leads soon. Thanks for the offer of help tho, from Annie

Helen10

Annie, I have just gone into your website and can answer your question as he is a relation of mine too. The John Lorimer you speak about (Mains of Lockhall) is Scottishk and he died in 1827. His son Thomas Lorimer died 11th January 1864 at Larkfield. He married twice, first to Catherine Wilkin and then to Mary Hill. Catherine died on 5th May 1836 and he marrieda Mary on 27th October 1845. You say your line goes through James. James was born 30th March 1831 and died in Melbourne on 6th September 1889. I have his 8 column obituary - he was Minister of Defence in the Legislative Council and is listed in Google under Sir James Lorimer, Melbourne, Australia. He married Eliza Kenworthy who died on 10th Janury 1905. I am wondering where you fit in to the family tree. My grandfather was Thomas Lorimer, the oldest of the family, and my father Thomas Ronald Lorimer, the youngest of his four children. The only known Lorimers of the line left that I know are Bill's son Richard's children N.... and J.... The James who is our mutual ancestor had the following children: Thomas, James, Charles, John, Mary, Lizzie, William, Catherine Isobella, George, Annie Mabel and Alice Gertrude. I met Aunt Mabel who never married and died in 1955 and also Aunt Alice who married David Lyall and died in 1977. I cannot see any Bailey in the family tree, however you may have another name. I would very much like to hear from you - can email me on h.j.glyde AT xtra DOT co DOT nz
    Last edited by olliecat; 07-07-2011 at 3:45 AM. Reason: Masked name of possibly living persons. Also edited email address to try and deter spammers.

AnnieBailey

Hi Helen, I was really pleased to get your comment here, and I have tried to email you but I keep getting a failure message. I have sent you a private message in the hope that we can hooked up somehow for further chats, because yes we are related. Your grandfather and my grandfather were brothers. Annie.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Helen10 View Post
    Annie, I have just gone into your website and can answer your question as he is a relation of mine too. The John Lorimer you speak about (Mains of Lockhall) is Scottishk and he died in 1827. His son Thomas Lorimer died 11th January 1864 at Larkfield. He married twice, first to Catherine Wilkin and then to Mary Hill. Catherine died on 5th May 1836 and he marrieda Mary on 27th October 1845. You say your line goes through James. James was born 30th March 1831 and died in Melbourne on 6th September 1889. I have his 8 column obituary - he was Minister of Defence in the Legislative Council and is listed in Google under Sir James Lorimer, Melbourne, Australia. He married Eliza Kenworthy who died on 10th Janury 1905. I am wondering where you fit in to the family tree. My grandfather was Thomas Lorimer, the oldest of the family, and my father Thomas Ronald Lorimer, the youngest of his four children. The only known Lorimers of the line left that I know are Bill's son Richard's children N.... and J.... The James who is our mutual ancestor had the following children: Thomas, James, Charles, John, Mary, Lizzie, William, Catherine Isobella, George, Annie Mabel and Alice Gertrude. I met Aunt Mabel who never married and died in 1955 and also Aunt Alice who married David Lyall and died in 1977. I cannot see any Bailey in the family tree, however you may have another name. I would very much like to hear from you - can email me on h.j.glyde AT xtra DOT co DOT nz
    Hi Annie and Helen,

10 years too late... however my father and I opened up a box of old family archives this afternoon and found an old family tree that confirms all of what Helen has posted here. My family are descendants of Catherine Isabella Elder nee Lorimer (1875-1963). If you are still following this forum and have discovered anything else during the last decade I would love to hear about it! Kind regards, Edward

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Elderster View Post
    Hi Annie and Helen,

10 years too late... however my father and I opened up a box of old family archives this afternoon and found an old family tree that confirms all of what Helen has posted here. My family are descendants of Catherine Isabella Elder nee Lorimer (1875-1963). If you are still following this forum and have discovered anything else during the last decade I would love to hear about it! Kind regards, Edward
    Hi Edward, could you please message me? I am descended from James Lorimer (Sir) via his son George (my grandfather). He ran off to the goldfields, disgracing himself in the process. I have lots more to share ��

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Helen. If you are still on this forum could you contact me please? Annie

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Helen10 View Post

Hi Helen. Can you message me please? Annie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast