Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    scoobie

Loved your reply Nicolina, My partner calls this hobby of mine Skeletons Reunited

Nicolina

at the weekend I had a message from my mother in law saying that next time we go to visit she's going to hide the spade.
    Incidently, toget back to the parcel thing. I had a parcel delivered this afternoon that was unexpected. At first he said that he'd picked up the wrong one, wandered off and after a few minutes I realised that my back door was unlocked, so I dashed through (tripping over the dog enroute) and locked it. Back to the front door and there was still no sign of man or van. Approximately 10 minutes later he returned with a parcel for my husband.
    I honestly didn't think it was genuine. Just goes to show.

DavidPoynter

By the way, once I received such a message. But I deleted it and didn’t pay attention to this since I have never used that service. But what about that company? Such messages undermine the authority of the company. I have always used parcel delivery service 'My Hermes' and never received such messages.
    Last edited by Geoffers; 30-12-2010 at 1:20 PM. Reason: Direct link to commercial company removed

SBSFamilyhistory

Worcs CC, fraud section, have also sent this around their staff before Christmas, so is current... XX

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    Just a heads up to hopefully avoid members circulating this fake warning which is doing the rounds again.

The basics of the message are -

Can you circulate this around especially as Xmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655.

Mark
    A further heads-up that this message is STILL going the rounds, and that people are STILL cluttering up the web with 'send this to everyone you know' messages.

The irony is that I received a message about this and it says for further information 'see this link', which leads to a Crimestoppers page where it clearly says DON'T forward the message on as the scam was stopped nearly six years.

Pam

Famous for offering help & advice

Someone even forwarded it to me! Canada post is different than British mail and parcel service, I am sure.... Anyhow, I deleted it!
    Just an aside.....
    Nice to "see" you MarkJ... I've missed you on the forums. You must be ""lurking"?

Sue

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by susan-y View Post
    Just an aside.....
    Nice to "see" you MarkJ... I've missed you on the forums. You must be ""lurking"?

Sue
    Hi Sue,

This is an old thread. Mark has had extensive computer problems and has been unable to log on to the forum. We hope to see him return in the not too distant future.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    Hi Sue,

This is an old thread. Mark has had extensive computer problems and has been unable to log on to the forum. We hope to see him return in the not too distant future.
    Oh *&^%(#* !! I looked at the date, too and must have mixed up the 10's and 11''s Another blonde moment..........

sue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12