Ladybird

Default WILLIAM JOHN HAYWARD Died Canada 1925 .

William J HAYWARD born 1908 Portsea, Hants. age 17 years.

Emigrated to Quebec as part of Salvation Army immigration in August 1925. Died Brandon, Manitoba, December

1925. His body was shipped back to his parents EDWARD GEORGE and ANNIE HAYWARD in Portsmouth.

Does anyone know where William is buried (maybe 1926)? Or if there was an obituary for him in a Portsmouth newspaper.

His parents lived at 11. Alfred Street, Portsmouth

Elliottc

Smile William J HAYWARD born 1908 Portsea died 1925

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybird View Post
    William J HAYWARD born 1908 Portsea, Hants. age 17 years.

Emigrated to Quebec as part of Salvation Army immigration in August 1925. Died Brandon, Manitoba, December

1925. His body was shipped back to his parents EDWARD GEORGE and ANNIE HAYWARD in Portsmouth.

Does anyone know where William is buried (maybe 1926)? Or if there was an obituary for him in a Portsmouth newspaper.

His parents lived at 11. Alfred Street, Portsmouth
    Has anyone answered you yet. I have only just joined and have seen this. I can let let you have the info you need if you don't already have it.

Ladybird

Default Burial for William John Hayward

Thank you Elliot for contacting me. If you have the information as to where William J Hayward is buried, I would be very pleased to have that information.

It did take me quite a time to research about him. Actually, it was through the kindness of the Salvation Army that I obtained most of my information. It can be so hard to get information when the person has emigrated.

Poor lad. Sent away from his parents who were led to believe that he would have a better life in Canada. We will never know for sure whether they were treated well or not.

my e-mail address is adale41ATgooglemailDOTcom if this is easier for you. are you related to William?
    Last edited by christanel; 30-06-2014 at 9:56 PM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam