Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ChattieKathy

Thank you Jenni and Janet. I appreciate your help!! I wish I had personal access to the records! It would make it much easier if I had more information. I will have to start searching in general for other Chiselborough Halletts, and hopefully find a way to connect Mary Ann. I have only really just begun to look for her line.

Thanks again!
    Kathy

janbooth

Good luck and do let us know if we can help further.

Janet

ChattieKathy

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    Hi Kathy,

Some thoughts on your quandary. Have you seen the actual parish register entry of Mary Ann's marriage and if so does it give any helpful witnesses, i.e. likely relations of Mary Ann.

Secondly, there are some baptisms of children to a Henry & Elizabeth HALLETT in Ilchester (not a million miles away from Chiselborough) on Family Search Pilot from 1803 onwards. There is an Elizabeth HALLETT in the 1841 census of Ilchester who is shown as a Widow, Pauper living with son Isatt - so this Henry is presumably dead at least by 1841 so perhaps this couple is worth further investigation on your part, although there does not appear to be any connection with Chiselborough.

As your Henry was a Baker, perhaps he left a will - have you searched for one at all?

The other thing that occurs to me is that if you have not been able to find a trace of Henry HALLETT at all, could he be fictitious and could your Mary Ann have been illegitimate? There are 4 families of HALLETTs born c1780/90 living at Chiselborough in the 1841 census, could Mary Ann have been the illegitimate daughter of one of their daughters or perhaps been born to one of the wives before they married one of the HALLETTs. Have you looked through the parish registers of Chiselborough for any HALLETT marriages after 1816 to see if this might have happened.

Not sure this helps much at all, but may perhaps suggest other avenues to explore.

Janet
    It's been quite awhile, but I'm revisiting my HALLETT family. I've no proof that I've got the my Henry Hallett here, but I've got the death record of one Henry Hallett who died 26 Sep 1837 in Ilchester, Somerset. He was 63 and a laborer. His cause of death was "Accident by cart", and is signed by RP Caines, Coroner. I'm guessing that this could be the same Henry listed above. Does anyone have access to a newspaper for that time that may shed some light on this "accident"?

Thanks!
    ChattieKathy

Quote Originally Posted by ChattieKathy View Post
    It's been quite awhile, but I'm revisiting my HALLETT family. I've no proof that I've got the my Henry Hallett here, but I've got the death record of one Henry Hallett who died 26 Sep 1837 in Ilchester, Somerset. He was 63 and a laborer. His cause of death was "Accident by cart", and is signed by RP Caines, Coroner. I'm guessing that this could be the same Henry listed above. Does anyone have access to a newspaper for that time that may shed some light on this "accident"?

Thanks!
    ChattieKathy
    Hi ChattieKathy,

Not sure if you are still looking into the Hallett family but I am wondering if we are somehow related. My Granny and Grandad were Hallett’s and loved in Sherborne, Yeovil, & East Coker. My Grandad was the youngest of 9 children (he had 4 brothers and 4 sisters).

Good afternoon and welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. Sadly, I have to point out that with this post, you have joined a very old thread, and that most of the writers, including the originator, are no longer members. You can see this from the tag “ guest” under their names. This means that they will not be notified of your reply (we are not allowed to retain contact info when people leave).

Since the thread started, data availability has improved, so don’t give up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12