greyann

Default Robert Gray Mary Ann Gilmore marriage 1834

Robert and Mary emmigrated to Sydney Australia as assisted immigrants in 1837 on the Adam Lodge that sailed from Londonderry (unable to find any further details ie births or marriages from their landing in Australia). I would appreciate it if anyone can help with their wedding and maybe their births in Ireland the only information I have is their wedding in Newtown in 1834. There appears to be more than one Newtown in Ireland.
    Thank you in advance
    Ann

obbie

Ireland
    Newtown, County Cork
    Newtown cross, County Laois
    Newtown gore, County Leitrim
    Newtown, County Meath
    Newtown, County Tipperary
    Newtown, Townland, also in Tipperary in the barony of Ormond Lower
    Newtown Guest Tipperary
    Newtown Hodgins Tipperary

an 1834 irish marriage is well before registration protestant 1845 catholic 1865 .
    so you have to rely on parish records , if theyve survived if transcribed .
    you are limited to amount of resources .
    rootsireland (google) a fee paying site but search for free has most countys you are better to enter each county by going into the county on left hand side .
    https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/index.html free site covers 1 3rd of cork .

you have definit marriage year 1834
    they leave 1837 , is there a child born in ireland in those 3 years ?
    it would be easier to find a birth using parents names as filters on rootsireland .
    also the spelling of there names you must realize that most irish could not read or write so there names were writen phonetically
    by the priest into the parish records and into ships register .

if there is a possible child born post his - her name and ill search records for you as there is a knack to getting the info you need from limited records

goodluck

greyann

Smile Gray became Grey and Gilmore

Obbie
    Thank you for the information re the above. I will be following up on the sites you have given me.
    Ann
    NZ