Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LittleSpark

Jack,
    You say you're not too good with computers but after browsing through your website I reckon you're a genius! I am completely a novice - still scared stiff of them after using them for about 5 years now.
    Your website is really interesting - must have taken you ages to do.
    I will certainly return to it now and again to keep reading it.
    Well done

Sheila

MarkJ

View Source should be exactly what it says on the tin - i.e it opens a page where you can view the html, but not edit it.
    As others have said, you need to open the html in a suitable editor such as Notepad. My initial thoughts are the same as Arthur's - that you have somehow lost the "Edit With" or "Open With" associations.
    If I am editing my html - either on the hard drive or directly on my server - I always choose to "Open with..." my text editor (which of course isn't Notepad as I don't use Windows, but it is basically the same thing).

The View Source option is a useful tool to examine both your own code and that of other websites, but it doesn't permit editing of the source. You can of course copy the source to your machine and then open it with your text editor to mess around. That was how I learned how to use html in the first place - copying the source from basic sites, then editing various tags to see what happened!

Mark

Jack Richards

Hi Friends

Again, thank you to each of you who has helped me with my difficulty on this thread, I can assure you that your help is most appreciated.

I have reached the conclusion as has been suggested, that by installing Internet Explorer v. 8 and not changing it to suit my needs, this was the problem.

As a result of the help, it is easier to edit in notepad in the manner suggested by your help.

Thank you to Sheila for your kind comments about my web site and I hope you will visit it again.

Also, thanks to those friends who viewed the thread.

I believe this thread shows what a lovely community these forums are, where friends find the time and make the effort to help each other.

Kindest regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12